You may change jobs, places you live, your clothes and lots of other things during your lifetime but the one thing that will stay with you to the end is your skin! Our belief: It is never, ever too early to take care of your skin! Did you also know that most of the sun damage we get is before the age of 20? That is why it is so very important to apply sunscreen from early on in life. Yes, genes do have some factor in how we age, but it is proven that lifestyle can and does change the outcome, depending on how well (or not so well) you have cared for your skin. These are some good guidelines for your skin. Here is skin care by the decade:
Skin Care in Your 20’s:
- Remove your makeup every night (no exceptions!): It is so important to be sure to remove makeup before heading off to bed! Makeup, oils and dirt will clog pores which can lead to breakouts and lackluster skin.
- Use a moisturizer with sunscreen every day: Find a moisturizer for your particular skin type that contains a sunscreen to protect skin from the harsh rays of the sun. We get sun exposure daily even if you are not sitting at the beach!
- Get in the habit of drinking water: Water is cleansing and hydrating. Adding a squeeze of fresh lemon makes it even more so! Keeping skin hydrated is key to good skin.
- Think about adding a supplement like Biotin to your diet (NOTE: ALWAYS check with your doctor prior to taking any supplement) which is great for hair, skin and nails.
Skin Care in Your 30’s:
- Continue with the regimen above.
- Facials: Facials are beneficial at any age! We have facials of all types, including: Vitamin Therapy Facials, Facials for Young Adults and our Signature Facial just to name a few! Treat your skin to some love with one that is right for you!
- Add Vitamin C and A: Skin begins to lose elasticity in your 30’s so being proactive is key! Using products packed with Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and Vitamin A (retinoids) are backed by science. These little wonders are great for thickening skin, producing more collagen, and helping with discolorations and adding brightness. We have fabulous skin care lines from Sothys, SkinCeuticals and Environ that contain these vitamins. Ask our Estheticians which is right for you!
- Using injectables is a personal decision: Each of us has the right to decide if using injectables is right for our skin. If you do decide to use them it is imperative that you see a trained doctor! There are a lot of offers for inexpensive Botox and fillers and you get what you pay for! We are proud to have our Medical Director, Dr. Fredric Newman, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, affiliated with us to provide injectables so the look is beautiful and natural. Fillers and Botox are a great addition to your skin care to prevent scowl lines between eyebrows, crows feet, or forehead lines. If you do decide to go ahead with it you will be treated in Dr. Newman’s medical office located only blocks away from us! Again, this is a personal decision and one that you must decide is right for you.
Skin Care in Your 40’s and 50’s:
- Continue with the regimen’s above
- Try Anti-aging Facials: Our Ultimate Vitamin Therapy Facial is a luxurious treatment with intense penetration of vitamins. Our Roll Away the Years Treatment is an extraordinary treatment for aging skin and our Oxygen Facial delivers pure oxygen with 87 different vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids.
- Menopause in women causes hormone levels to drop and this in turn makes skin even drier, less elastic and cell turnover slows significantly. Skin care during this time is essential and the use of the proper skin care products is extremely important to have skin looking it’s best!
Skin Care 60’s and Beyond:
- Continue a good skin care regimen like above and don’t think that it’s okay to stop the sunscreen! Sunscreen and good skin care are a life long commitment, not only to avoid wrinkles but wearing sunscreen daily is a proactive choice to keep skin cancer at bay.
- Love your beautiful self! Can we be any clearer? Love and kindness towards yourself and others and a zest and joy for life make you fabulous no matter what your age!
Have a beautiful day! xoxo
DISCLAIMER: This is not intended to be medical advice. Always check with your doctor prior to using Vitamin A, Vitamin C or any supplement whether it is taken internally or used externally. Pregnant women should always consult a doctor as well.