This is our first beauty night in a series and you are invited! Grab your best friend(s) and join us for a fun and informative evening on Thursday, September 20th from 4 to 7 pm. Relax with a complimentary Hydrating SkinCeuticals Mask, sip some wine & enjoy lite bites, meet our Rep and get your skin analyzed with the amazing SkinScope, and lots more! Please RSVP to our DARIEN Salon & Spa only at 203-656-5656 and mention if you would like to receive the complimentary mask. See you there!
It’s always manicure season, and for many it’s always pedicure season, but when the warm weather hits and toes are exposed in those new sandals and heels, it’s time for all of us to get those feet callous free, with nails trimmed, shined, and polished!
ORANGE SALON & SPA
We are thrilled to welcome Maria as our new Nail Technician in our Orange, Connecticut Salon and Spa. Maria is proficient in UV Gels, Acrylics, Shellac, etc, as well as an expert in painting beautiful designs on your nails, a trend that is really taking off……. again! Call us at 203-298-4470 to schedule your mani/pedi, and if you get both, you will receive complimentary nail designs!
Our nail technicians in Darien are gearing up for weddings, graduations and more (our Orange, CT salon too!), and are very excited that the OPI Dip Manicure (powder with no UV light) has really taken off! Here’s a little advise: if you haven’t had your nails done in ages and want to grow out your own, with no damage to your own nails, then a Dip Manicure is definitely something to try. It lasts for weeks, another big bonus!
It’s pedicure season (finally warm weather after a long winter)! Whether you are dying to wear that new pair of sandals or heels, or you know you’ll be spending many days barefoot or in flip flops, we’ve got you covered with our Stefanou Signature Pedicure. You’ll leave relaxed, feeling pampered, and ready to show off that fabulous new nail color! It’s time to break out those new sandals (here’s a great pair from Helen Ainson (click here), or that pair of strappy heels and dance the night away at your nephew’s summer wedding (find a pretty pair of heels here)! Ready to let those feet out of your fuzzy warm socks? Give us a call to schedule your appointment at 203-656-5656.
Love & Beauty,
Your Team at Andrew Stefanou Salon & Spa
We are so anxious for spring to arrive (especially with the impending big snow storm looming over us)! as we love the longer days and sunny, warmer weather! We are so excited about beautiful warm weather being so close by that we thought it would be a lot of fun to have a Spring Fever Girls Beauty Night!
Join us and get ready for spring with special discounts, giveaways, and a raffle for a basket of goodies worth over $2,000! We will have Pina Coladas and small bites, summertime music, beauty specials, a fashion and beauty trend workshop with demos, tanning with our new organic spray tan, live demo of fillers/Xeomin (a new natural Botox), meet the SkinCeuticals Rep and get a free skin analysis with their Skin Scope, shopping and more! P.S. A Selfie/Photo Booth too!
While all our guests are beautifying themselves, we will be selling raffle tickets for a basket of totally amazing prizes! All proceeds will go to Smile Train so we can give the gift of a beautiful new smile(s) to children with Cleft Palate This basket worth over $2,000 will include:
- A luxurious Day of Beauty and Pampering at our salon & spa, along with beauty products to use at home.
- A package of 4 IPL Laser Treatments (worth $1,000) from our Medical Director, Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Fredric Newman.
- Tanning Package with our new organic spray tan, Coco Tanning
- Clothing/Accessories from Helen Ainson
- Jewelry from Trendsetters Jewelry
- Accessories from SBG Designs
- 2 tickets to The Darien Arts Center musical “Baby”
- This package is worth over $2,000 and one lucky lady will be winning this over-the-top basket!
This fabulous event will take place on Wednesday, April 5, 2017 from 6 pm to 9 pm. Bring along some friends for a fun evening sipping Pina Coladas, eating yummy little bites, and mingling with the girls! Here is what we have planned for this special evening:
- SPRING BEAUTY TRENDS & MAKEUP DEMO: Our Co-Owner and award winning makeup artist, Dee, will be filling all the guests in on the biggest beauty trends of the spring/summer 2017 season. She will also be demonstrating the trending makeup techniques on a live model. Guests will also be able to browse the new makeup line made specifically for their salon/spa and be able to purchase new and exciting eye, lip and cheek colors that compliment their skin tone and hair color. Ask her all about the new eyelashes for lash extensions. They are made by the same company but are even better now!
- HAIR, GLORIOUS HAIR! What are the hottest hair color trends? What are easy ways to put my hair up myself and still look great running around town? What hairstyles are on trend for spring/summer 2017? Why do I need a good shampoo and conditioner? Find out the answers to these and more!
- RECEIVE 20% OFF ALL SPA/SALON TREATMENTS WHEN BOOKED THAT NIGHT!
- FASHION TRENDS BY HELEN AINSON: Erica Jensen, Owner of Helen Ainson will give attendees the scoop on trends in fashion for the upcoming season. Mannequins will showcase her fashion forward sportswear and stunning cocktail dresses and evening gowns.
- GET GLOWING WITH OUR NEW ORGANIC SPRAY TAN: Bring along dark, loose clothing and get a gorgeous tan with our brand new organic spray tan! Special price of $40 (regular $50), but bring along a friend who gets spray tanned and pay only $30 for your enviable tan!
- LIVE DEMO OF XEOMIN (the new natural, additive free Botox) AND FILLERS: Our Medical Director, Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Fredric Newman will demonstrate fillers and Xeomin on a live model. He will also talk about the brand new fillers out, Defyne and Refyne which last up to a year! Drop your business card in or write down your name and phone and Dr. Newman will pick 5 women who will win a free Xeomin (the new natural botox that has no additives) treatment! Book a Xeomin or filler treatment that night and get 20% off!
- FREE SKIN ANALYSIS WITH THE SKINCEUTICALS REP USING THEIR SKIN SCOPE: Get your skin analyzed with a skin pro. This complimentary service allows the skin care rep to see into your skin to look for sun damage, congested pores, dryness, and so much more. She will then be able to recommend the SkinCeutical products that are right for you. Special savings will be offered when guests buy multiple products from the line.
- SKINCEUTICALS SERUM BAR – Try fabulous serums at the SkinCeuticals Serum Bar where you can not only see how moisturizing and luxurious they are, but learn what each one does to transform the skin inside and out! SkinCeuticals is carried by renowned dermatologists, plastic surgeons and medical spas because their products are backed with real results!
- SHOP TILL YOU DROP: We have lined up three Trunk Shows for your shopping pleasure! Trendsetters Jewelry will have new spring necklaces, earrings, rings & bracelets. SBG Designs will showcase exercise tights, cell phone cases, and other accessories. And Helen Ainson will have handmade, one-of-a-kind belts, straw hats, spring tops, wraps, and gift items. Buy for yourself or think about upcoming birthdays, prom or Mothers Day!
- EVERYONE LOVES A GOOD SELFIE! Get a tan, try some new makeup, buy a new top, hat or jewelry and show it off at our Selfie/Photo Booth! Take one alone or get a group of girls together and post on social media!
Guests will leave with a goodie bag filled with discounts, little prizes, samples, and our Spring/Summer Beauty & Fashion Guide to keep as a reference to look your very best throughout the upcoming seasons!
Please R.S.V.P. by April 2nd – 203-656-5656 and let us know if you will be tanning that evening (bring dark, loose clothing for after your spray tan)
We are serious about skincare and that is why we carefully seek out top notch products for you, our clients! Ingredients matter when it comes to products for your skin, so we proudly carry Environ, SkinCeuticals and Sothys of Paris.
Let us familiarize you with Sothys luxurious skincare line……
Founded in 1946 by Dr. Hotz (a medical biologist), Sothys has set standards of professional skincare for over 70 years. Their product line is all encompassing and features marine and botanicals to transform skin by targeting specific concerns. Dry, dull skin and large pores disappear with a Sothys skincare regimen. Aging skin? They’ve got years of research and development behind their Parisian line! Intense serums in 4 grades are offered to fight signs of aging and feature Cosmeseutical H2CR (Cell Health Restoring Complex). They are formulated with plant messenger peptides and powerful antioxidants to improve cell communication and many of their products contain hyaluronic acid which plumps and retains hydration.
Get to know this fabulous skincare line and transform your skin this winter! Schedule an appointment with one of our highly trained, professional Estheticians who are some of the best in the industry! Our Sothys facial will leave you with brighter, plumper, more beautiful skin — and isn’t that what we all want?!
We were recently featured in New Canaan, Darien & Rowayton Magazine’s September/October issue as one of the Faces of Darien. We would like to share the gist of that write up with you, as it will give you great insight as to our passion for this business!
We have such a passion for our business, and always strive to give our clients the very best! With that said, as our 5th Anniversary approaches (November it’s official), Andrew and I want to thank each and every one of you, our fabulous clients, for choosing us to pamper you! We truly appreciate you and value your business! We would also like to thank our wonderful, professional, and dedicated staff for your talents, and shared passion for the beauty profession!
Andrew and I wish you all a fabulous weekend and Happy Autumn!
There is nothing quite like a relaxing massage to ease away the stress and tensions of every day life! So many may feel as if a massage is something that only takes away muscle pain, but the fact is, that massages are great for your health and state of mind! Here are some reasons you may want to put your favorite massage therapist on speed dial!
GREAT FOR STRESS AND ANXIETY: Ease stress and anxiety with a massage! Getting a massage on a regular basis is helpful in lowering cortisol (a stress hormone) as well as insulin levels and heart rate.
HELPS WITH HEADACHES: If you experience regular headaches, try getting a massage instead of reaching for the pain meds in your medicine cabinet! A massage and plenty of water may just be what the doctor ordered!
IMPROVES CIRCULATION: When getting massaged, the pressure used moves the blood through congested areas. This pumps oxygen into tissues and vital organs which improves circulation.
MUSCULAR PAIN: Massages relax muscles in your neck, back, and other areas to ease pain. Sitting all day at a desk can cause stiff, tense muscles, and massage is a great way to relax, reset, and unwind at the end of a long work week.
HELPS THE IMMUNE SYSTEM: Getting regular massages can also boost your white blood cell count. White blood cells play a very important role in defending the body from disease.
EASE ARTHRITIS: Those suffering with joint pain and stiffness due to arthritis may benefit greatly by massage to ease the symptoms.
PREMENSTRUAL SYNDROME: Did you know that massage can even help with premenstrual cramping and water retention? Next time you are moody, bloated, or have cramps at “that time of the month”, head out for a luxurious massage and feel the difference!
What else is massage beneficial for? It is a wonderful form of self-care as well as helpful for digestive disorders, fibromyalgia, sleep problems and depression. Massage won’t cure any of these but it will definitely help! So next time you think a massage is just a little luxury, think differently! A fabulous massage may just be exactly what your mind and body need!
Disclaimer: None of the above is intended to be medical advice. While massage is safe for just about everyone, always check with your doctor first if you have serious medical conditions.
You may change jobs, places you live, your clothes and lots of other things during your lifetime but the one thing that will stay with you to the end is your skin! Our belief: It is never, ever too early to take care of your skin! Did you also know that most of the sun damage we get is before the age of 20? That is why it is so very important to apply sunscreen from early on in life. Yes, genes do have some factor in how we age, but it is proven that lifestyle can and does change the outcome, depending on how well (or not so well) you have cared for your skin. These are some good guidelines for your skin. Here is skin care by the decade:
Skin Care in Your 20’s:
- Remove your makeup every night (no exceptions!): It is so important to be sure to remove makeup before heading off to bed! Makeup, oils and dirt will clog pores which can lead to breakouts and lackluster skin.
- Use a moisturizer with sunscreen every day: Find a moisturizer for your particular skin type that contains a sunscreen to protect skin from the harsh rays of the sun. We get sun exposure daily even if you are not sitting at the beach!
- Get in the habit of drinking water: Water is cleansing and hydrating. Adding a squeeze of fresh lemon makes it even more so! Keeping skin hydrated is key to good skin.
- Think about adding a supplement like Biotin to your diet (NOTE: ALWAYS check with your doctor prior to taking any supplement) which is great for hair, skin and nails.
Skin Care in Your 30’s:
- Continue with the regimen above.
- Facials: Facials are beneficial at any age! We have facials of all types, including: Vitamin Therapy Facials, Facials for Young Adults and our Signature Facial just to name a few! Treat your skin to some love with one that is right for you!
- Add Vitamin C and A: Skin begins to lose elasticity in your 30’s so being proactive is key! Using products packed with Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and Vitamin A (retinoids) are backed by science. These little wonders are great for thickening skin, producing more collagen, and helping with discolorations and adding brightness. We have fabulous skin care lines from Sothys, SkinCeuticals and Environ that contain these vitamins. Ask our Estheticians which is right for you!
- Using injectables is a personal decision: Each of us has the right to decide if using injectables is right for our skin. If you do decide to use them it is imperative that you see a trained doctor! There are a lot of offers for inexpensive Botox and fillers and you get what you pay for! We are proud to have our Medical Director, Dr. Fredric Newman, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, affiliated with us to provide injectables so the look is beautiful and natural. Fillers and Botox are a great addition to your skin care to prevent scowl lines between eyebrows, crows feet, or forehead lines. If you do decide to go ahead with it you will be treated in Dr. Newman’s medical office located only blocks away from us! Again, this is a personal decision and one that you must decide is right for you.
Skin Care in Your 40’s and 50’s:
- Continue with the regimen’s above
- Try Anti-aging Facials: Our Ultimate Vitamin Therapy Facial is a luxurious treatment with intense penetration of vitamins. Our Roll Away the Years Treatment is an extraordinary treatment for aging skin and our Oxygen Facial delivers pure oxygen with 87 different vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids.
- Menopause in women causes hormone levels to drop and this in turn makes skin even drier, less elastic and cell turnover slows significantly. Skin care during this time is essential and the use of the proper skin care products is extremely important to have skin looking it’s best!
Skin Care 60’s and Beyond:
- Continue a good skin care regimen like above and don’t think that it’s okay to stop the sunscreen! Sunscreen and good skin care are a life long commitment, not only to avoid wrinkles but wearing sunscreen daily is a proactive choice to keep skin cancer at bay.
- Love your beautiful self! Can we be any clearer? Love and kindness towards yourself and others and a zest and joy for life make you fabulous no matter what your age!
Have a beautiful day! xoxo
DISCLAIMER: This is not intended to be medical advice. Always check with your doctor prior to using Vitamin A, Vitamin C or any supplement whether it is taken internally or used externally. Pregnant women should always consult a doctor as well.
Today we are showcasing SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore, a product that improves the look of skin fullness, texture, skin evenness, overall radiance, hydration and pore appearance. SkinCeuticals is a brand we truly believe in, and our estheticians are trained in product knowledge and offer amazing facials using this fabulous line! Schedule your appointment and embrace your skin with luxury backed by science!
Mother’s Day is early this year, so it’s time to start thinking about what that lovely woman, who is so special to you, would love to get on her special day! We think pretty much every mom out there would appreciate a really heartfelt card with handwritten words that come straight from your heart, and a very thoughtful gift! Mom’s put so much of themselves into their children, many times sacrificing so that they can give their children what they need/want. This is the one time of year you get the chance to show mom how much she means to you, because this day has been devoted entirely to her!
With that said, we don’t know a mom out there who would not love a little pampering (or a lot!). Most moms are running (and we do mean running!) and juggling! They juggle jobs, children, husband, family, friends, cleaning, cooking, errands and the list goes on and on! Somehow moms always find a way to make everything okay. A kiss on a boo boo, or a hug as their teen is going through a hard time, or just listening to their grown son or daughter; that’s what moms do! They make it all okay!
Doesn’t your mom deserve something special this Mother’s Day? We have come up with two very special Mother’s Day Packages just for your special mom, so she can feel loved this Mother’s Day! These packages will pamper her from head to toe and you know what? That is really what mom wants (even though she’ll never tell!). Once she experiences escaping from work, errands, and all the day to day stuff, and steps into our spa, she will be transported to total bliss! We dedicate ourselves to making sure each client who walks through our doors experiences something so special and so wonderful that it is beyond all expectations! It’s what we do!
This Mother’s Day we are offering the following:
Give us a call at 203-656-5656 or stop by for a gift certificate for one of these special packages. It’s a gift she will not soon forget!
xoxo The Andrew Stefanou Salon & Spa Team