Skinceuticals is one of the most recognized and touted skincare lines there is, and if you’re a fan, you know why! The results just don’t lie. Their skincare is based on science and the ingredients are, well, you only need look into the mirror after faithful use to see why we are in love with their entire line! Their newest product, Tripeptide-R Neck Repair is truly a game changer for the aging skin of the neck area. After a mere 16 weeks of use the skin is firmer, wrinkles substantially diminished and skin is hydrated and more supple. Want to give it a try? Give us a call to order yours!
This is our first beauty night in a series and you are invited! Grab your best friend(s) and join us for a fun and informative evening on Thursday, September 20th from 4 to 7 pm. Relax with a complimentary Hydrating SkinCeuticals Mask, sip some wine & enjoy lite bites, meet our Rep and get your skin analyzed with the amazing SkinScope, and lots more! Please RSVP to our DARIEN Salon & Spa only at 203-656-5656 and mention if you would like to receive the complimentary mask. See you there!
Great for all skin types, darker skin and people who have active lifestyles.
Organic filters penetrate skin and absorb UV rays like a sponge. They are also water resistant and absorb quickly in to the skin.
Great for children, those with sensitive skin and anyone who has post-procedure skin.
Mineral Filters sit on top of the skin to block UV rays like a shield. A natural mineral filter is Zinc Oxide and you will find it in all of SkinCeuticals 100% mineral sunscreens. This type of sunscreen is a great chemical free option, and is so gentle that children over 6 months can use it.
Mineral & Organic
Great for anyone who wants daily use sunscreen protection.
Multi-tasking formulas with UV protection that provides the benefits of both mineral and organic filters.
No matter what sunscreen you choose, it’s important that you keep your skin protected from the harmful rays of the sun. Your skin will thank you later in life when you don’t have sun spots, wrinkles and sagging skin!
Speaking of coverage, keep that hair color covered when out in the sun. A pretty hat like the one below will keep your hair color beautiful and keep your hair from drying out!
This beauty is available at Helen Ainson (on sale for $15!) in store or online! Shop it here!
Happy Sunny Summer Days! xoxo
We take great pride in researching each and every product that we use/sell in our salon and spa. Each product, whether for hair, skin or makeup, are products we stand behind. We only offer the very best to our clients, so you can be sure when deciding on whether or not to try a product, that we also use them ourselves!
That said, one of the brands we are completely obsessed with is SkinCeuticals. Open any magazine and you are sure to find either an Allure beauty award or a review of their products by top plastic surgeons, dermatologists or medical grade spas! SkinCeuticals is backed by years of research and development, and each product actually does what it says it will do! Serums that contain light sensitive antioxidants are packaged and sold in their dark glass bottles so that the light will not destroy the integrity of the product. Great to know when you are investing in superior skincare products!
One of our newest favorites is their H.A. Intensifier. This fabulous little miracle worker is a multi-functional serum that helps to amplify hyaluronic acid levels in your skin. This acid occurs naturally in your skin and helps to retain moisture. Unfortunately, as we age, we produce less and less. What happens when less of this acid is available? Your skin will be less firm and plump, and the texture will be rougher, and who wants that? Not us! Hyaluronic acid is such an important hydrator to the skin and SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier combines surface-hydrating hyaluronic acid with 10% proxylane (proxylane is a sugar-protein hybrid found in beech trees, responsible for defending against water loss), and the perfect concentration of licorice and purple rice extracts to support your skin’s hyaluronic acid levels. Add this to your arsenal of skincare products and show off hydrated, plumped and firmer looking skin!
Not sure what skincare is right for you? Our SkinCeuticals rep. will be offering a complimentary skin analysis using their powerful Skin Scope to tell you exactly where any dry, congested, sun damaged skin, etc. is on your face at our Girls Beauty Night this Wednesday, April 5th from 6 pm to 9 pm. Other highlights of the evening will include a beauty and fashion workshop with Dee, our Co-Owner and Erica Jensen, Owner of Helen Ainson. Get the scoop on all the beauty and fashion trends for spring/summer 2017! Shop our 3 trunk shows that evening featuring jewelry, clothing, accessories and lots more! Enjoy pina coladas, other refreshments and small bites!
Our raffle basket with products and services valued over $3,000 will be raffled off with proceeds going to Smile Train. Please R.S.V.P. 203-656-5656. Hope to see you there!
We are so anxious for spring to arrive (especially with the impending big snow storm looming over us)! as we love the longer days and sunny, warmer weather! We are so excited about beautiful warm weather being so close by that we thought it would be a lot of fun to have a Spring Fever Girls Beauty Night!
Join us and get ready for spring with special discounts, giveaways, and a raffle for a basket of goodies worth over $2,000! We will have Pina Coladas and small bites, summertime music, beauty specials, a fashion and beauty trend workshop with demos, tanning with our new organic spray tan, live demo of fillers/Xeomin (a new natural Botox), meet the SkinCeuticals Rep and get a free skin analysis with their Skin Scope, shopping and more! P.S. A Selfie/Photo Booth too!
While all our guests are beautifying themselves, we will be selling raffle tickets for a basket of totally amazing prizes! All proceeds will go to Smile Train so we can give the gift of a beautiful new smile(s) to children with Cleft Palate This basket worth over $2,000 will include:
- A luxurious Day of Beauty and Pampering at our salon & spa, along with beauty products to use at home.
- A package of 4 IPL Laser Treatments (worth $1,000) from our Medical Director, Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Fredric Newman.
- Tanning Package with our new organic spray tan, Coco Tanning
- Clothing/Accessories from Helen Ainson
- Jewelry from Trendsetters Jewelry
- Accessories from SBG Designs
- 2 tickets to The Darien Arts Center musical “Baby”
- This package is worth over $2,000 and one lucky lady will be winning this over-the-top basket!
This fabulous event will take place on Wednesday, April 5, 2017 from 6 pm to 9 pm. Bring along some friends for a fun evening sipping Pina Coladas, eating yummy little bites, and mingling with the girls! Here is what we have planned for this special evening:
- SPRING BEAUTY TRENDS & MAKEUP DEMO: Our Co-Owner and award winning makeup artist, Dee, will be filling all the guests in on the biggest beauty trends of the spring/summer 2017 season. She will also be demonstrating the trending makeup techniques on a live model. Guests will also be able to browse the new makeup line made specifically for their salon/spa and be able to purchase new and exciting eye, lip and cheek colors that compliment their skin tone and hair color. Ask her all about the new eyelashes for lash extensions. They are made by the same company but are even better now!
- HAIR, GLORIOUS HAIR! What are the hottest hair color trends? What are easy ways to put my hair up myself and still look great running around town? What hairstyles are on trend for spring/summer 2017? Why do I need a good shampoo and conditioner? Find out the answers to these and more!
- RECEIVE 20% OFF ALL SPA/SALON TREATMENTS WHEN BOOKED THAT NIGHT!
- FASHION TRENDS BY HELEN AINSON: Erica Jensen, Owner of Helen Ainson will give attendees the scoop on trends in fashion for the upcoming season. Mannequins will showcase her fashion forward sportswear and stunning cocktail dresses and evening gowns.
- GET GLOWING WITH OUR NEW ORGANIC SPRAY TAN: Bring along dark, loose clothing and get a gorgeous tan with our brand new organic spray tan! Special price of $40 (regular $50), but bring along a friend who gets spray tanned and pay only $30 for your enviable tan!
- LIVE DEMO OF XEOMIN (the new natural, additive free Botox) AND FILLERS: Our Medical Director, Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Fredric Newman will demonstrate fillers and Xeomin on a live model. He will also talk about the brand new fillers out, Defyne and Refyne which last up to a year! Drop your business card in or write down your name and phone and Dr. Newman will pick 5 women who will win a free Xeomin (the new natural botox that has no additives) treatment! Book a Xeomin or filler treatment that night and get 20% off!
- FREE SKIN ANALYSIS WITH THE SKINCEUTICALS REP USING THEIR SKIN SCOPE: Get your skin analyzed with a skin pro. This complimentary service allows the skin care rep to see into your skin to look for sun damage, congested pores, dryness, and so much more. She will then be able to recommend the SkinCeutical products that are right for you. Special savings will be offered when guests buy multiple products from the line.
- SKINCEUTICALS SERUM BAR – Try fabulous serums at the SkinCeuticals Serum Bar where you can not only see how moisturizing and luxurious they are, but learn what each one does to transform the skin inside and out! SkinCeuticals is carried by renowned dermatologists, plastic surgeons and medical spas because their products are backed with real results!
- SHOP TILL YOU DROP: We have lined up three Trunk Shows for your shopping pleasure! Trendsetters Jewelry will have new spring necklaces, earrings, rings & bracelets. SBG Designs will showcase exercise tights, cell phone cases, and other accessories. And Helen Ainson will have handmade, one-of-a-kind belts, straw hats, spring tops, wraps, and gift items. Buy for yourself or think about upcoming birthdays, prom or Mothers Day!
- EVERYONE LOVES A GOOD SELFIE! Get a tan, try some new makeup, buy a new top, hat or jewelry and show it off at our Selfie/Photo Booth! Take one alone or get a group of girls together and post on social media!
Guests will leave with a goodie bag filled with discounts, little prizes, samples, and our Spring/Summer Beauty & Fashion Guide to keep as a reference to look your very best throughout the upcoming seasons!
Please R.S.V.P. by April 2nd – 203-656-5656 and let us know if you will be tanning that evening (bring dark, loose clothing for after your spray tan)
Sometimes it’s the littlest things that can make a huge difference, and that is no different when it comes to beauty. Knowing some good tips and tricks can elevate your look to a whole new level! Simple things like banishing dry, flakey lips, or the simple beauty hack that can make that lipstick work for you, are essential to know to look your best! And can we state for the record that you need to stop saying “cheese” when taking a photo. The best word to use according to our sources? Say “money”, It leaves you with the sides of your mouth slightly turned up for a more realistic smile vs. saying “cheese” which leaves you with a more frozen, fake smile!
Read on for our 8 Beauty Tricks You Need To Know!
- When taking a photo, say the word “money” instead of “cheese”, it turns the corners of your mouth up for a more authentic smile. Saying “cheese” can make your smile look forced and un natural.
- When applying eyeshadow keep your eyes open and apply directly into the crease. Don’t use the “pull tight” method, as it can (and most likely will) end up leaving you applying more than needed.
- Make that lipstick work for you! You bought a new lipstick except when you get home, the shade you thought worked just doesn’t cut it. Make it work for you by breaking out your favorite concealer and pat on your lips. By applying concealer you will be able to work with a neutral canvas, and therefore getting a more true hue finish.
- Speaking of lips…. Winter can be so harsh on your pout! Keep them moisturized so lipstick doesn’t look dry and flakey. One trick: exfoliate your lips with a damp washcloth by rubbing gently in a circular motion. Now you can swipe on your favorite lipstick. The damp cloth will gently slough off dead skin to reveal a more beautiful pout!
- Make your perfume last all day! Applying a small amount of Vaseline to pulse points on your wrists and neck. Then spritz on your signature scent to those pulse points. The Vaseline is hydrating and very rich so it helps the scent to stay in place.
- Add antioxidants to your routine. A serum containing vitamin C can help protect from free radicals that can make skin look dull. Our choice: Skinceuticals! An amazing skin care line available in our salon & spa! Skinceuticals C E Ferulic is packed with antioxidants that your skin with love! We carry Skinceuticals and are more than happy to help you design a skincare regimen tailored specifically for you and your needs! After all, beautiful glowing skin is the foundation for gorgeous makeup!
- Want lashes that are curled to perfection? Other than donning gorgeous eyelash extension which will give you length, curl and volume, your next best friend is an eyelash curler. Get fabulous curled lashes by using your eyelash curler which has been slightly warmed (use a hairdryer on a low setting, as the metal can get hot and getting burned is not on tap for your beauty routine)!
- Fake a faux glow this winter by adding a bit of liquid bronzer or self tanner to your moisturizer. If you use a self tanner you will start to see a lovely warm glow in a few hours which will have you yearning for summer!
Biggest beauty trick ever? A beautiful smile!
You can buy all the makeup in the world, but there is nothing like beautiful skin that glows from within! The skin on your face is the canvas on which you apply your beauty products, so making sure that canvas looks it’s best is key!
We all can relate to the effects of poor sleep on our skin. Lack of sleep, not going into a deep sleep, or drinking alcohol, can leave you with dehydrated skin, dark circles and puffy eyes. Yikes! So what exactly does your skin do while you sleep? Read on….
First, it is not just the length of sleep, but whether or not you are going into a deep sleep. During a deep sleep your body is able to reduce the stress hormone, cortisol. Cortisol is a hormone we produce to deal with stress, or the fight or flight response to danger. Turning this hormone off at night is so important, as too much cortisol causes inflammation and is bad for your skin, and your health! It is during deep REM sleep (rapid eye movement) that your skin’s cells regenerate and turn over. Melatonin, another natural hormone produced in our bodies is higher at night, but as we age it diminishes. Taking a melatonin supplement 30 minutes prior to bed can help increase the length and depth of your restorative sleep (Note: always check with your doctor before taking any new supplement).
While you are getting your Zzzzzzz, your skin is fighting and destroying harmful free radicals and boosting collagen. Free radicals have been linked to aging skin, and we are bombarded by them each and every day. They are in the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the food we eat. Environmental toxins from air pollution or chemicals such as pesticides can wreak havoc on your skin. Maintaining a regular sleep schedule, and going into a deep and restful sleep will work wonders for your skin.
Your bedtime skin care routine is super important, as your skin works hard to repair itself at night. Using a good night cream that contains hyaluronic acid will hydrate skin and lock in moisture. Serums that contain vitamin C helps to stimulate collagen production. It also helps prevent oxidation, and therefore slows down the visible appearance of aging. Retinoids (or Retin A), a derivative of vitamin A, has been shown to even out skin and promote collagen production as well. Retinoids should be used at night and sunscreen should always be worn during the day, as retinoids can make skin more sensitive to the sun’s harmful rays.
Lastly, don’t forget to pay attention to the delicate skin under your eyes. The skin here is much thinner and more fragile, so signs of aging tend to show here first. Combat it with a high quality eye cream that you gently pat on before heading off for your beauty slumber! Our estheticians are pros, and can help you choose the right products for your skin. We are proud to carry three amazing skincare lines from Environ, SkinCeuticals and Sothy’s from Paris. All of these lines contain high quality ingredients, peptides, and vitamins, to help you achieve beautiful skin!
Love your skin by scheduling a professional facial and speaking to your esthetician about your at-home skincare routine. Your skin will thank you!
You may change jobs, places you live, your clothes and lots of other things during your lifetime but the one thing that will stay with you to the end is your skin! Our belief: It is never, ever too early to take care of your skin! Did you also know that most of the sun damage we get is before the age of 20? That is why it is so very important to apply sunscreen from early on in life. Yes, genes do have some factor in how we age, but it is proven that lifestyle can and does change the outcome, depending on how well (or not so well) you have cared for your skin. These are some good guidelines for your skin. Here is skin care by the decade:
Skin Care in Your 20’s:
- Remove your makeup every night (no exceptions!): It is so important to be sure to remove makeup before heading off to bed! Makeup, oils and dirt will clog pores which can lead to breakouts and lackluster skin.
- Use a moisturizer with sunscreen every day: Find a moisturizer for your particular skin type that contains a sunscreen to protect skin from the harsh rays of the sun. We get sun exposure daily even if you are not sitting at the beach!
- Get in the habit of drinking water: Water is cleansing and hydrating. Adding a squeeze of fresh lemon makes it even more so! Keeping skin hydrated is key to good skin.
- Think about adding a supplement like Biotin to your diet (NOTE: ALWAYS check with your doctor prior to taking any supplement) which is great for hair, skin and nails.
Skin Care in Your 30’s:
- Continue with the regimen above.
- Facials: Facials are beneficial at any age! We have facials of all types, including: Vitamin Therapy Facials, Facials for Young Adults and our Signature Facial just to name a few! Treat your skin to some love with one that is right for you!
- Add Vitamin C and A: Skin begins to lose elasticity in your 30’s so being proactive is key! Using products packed with Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and Vitamin A (retinoids) are backed by science. These little wonders are great for thickening skin, producing more collagen, and helping with discolorations and adding brightness. We have fabulous skin care lines from Sothys, SkinCeuticals and Environ that contain these vitamins. Ask our Estheticians which is right for you!
- Using injectables is a personal decision: Each of us has the right to decide if using injectables is right for our skin. If you do decide to use them it is imperative that you see a trained doctor! There are a lot of offers for inexpensive Botox and fillers and you get what you pay for! We are proud to have our Medical Director, Dr. Fredric Newman, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, affiliated with us to provide injectables so the look is beautiful and natural. Fillers and Botox are a great addition to your skin care to prevent scowl lines between eyebrows, crows feet, or forehead lines. If you do decide to go ahead with it you will be treated in Dr. Newman’s medical office located only blocks away from us! Again, this is a personal decision and one that you must decide is right for you.
Skin Care in Your 40’s and 50’s:
- Continue with the regimen’s above
- Try Anti-aging Facials: Our Ultimate Vitamin Therapy Facial is a luxurious treatment with intense penetration of vitamins. Our Roll Away the Years Treatment is an extraordinary treatment for aging skin and our Oxygen Facial delivers pure oxygen with 87 different vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids.
- Menopause in women causes hormone levels to drop and this in turn makes skin even drier, less elastic and cell turnover slows significantly. Skin care during this time is essential and the use of the proper skin care products is extremely important to have skin looking it’s best!
Skin Care 60’s and Beyond:
- Continue a good skin care regimen like above and don’t think that it’s okay to stop the sunscreen! Sunscreen and good skin care are a life long commitment, not only to avoid wrinkles but wearing sunscreen daily is a proactive choice to keep skin cancer at bay.
- Love your beautiful self! Can we be any clearer? Love and kindness towards yourself and others and a zest and joy for life make you fabulous no matter what your age!
Have a beautiful day! xoxo
DISCLAIMER: This is not intended to be medical advice. Always check with your doctor prior to using Vitamin A, Vitamin C or any supplement whether it is taken internally or used externally. Pregnant women should always consult a doctor as well.
Today we are showcasing SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore, a product that improves the look of skin fullness, texture, skin evenness, overall radiance, hydration and pore appearance. SkinCeuticals is a brand we truly believe in, and our estheticians are trained in product knowledge and offer amazing facials using this fabulous line! Schedule your appointment and embrace your skin with luxury backed by science!
Our team of salon and spa professionals has been growing and we couldn’t be more thrilled! We have new Estheticians who come to us with a long list of accomplishments, years of experience, and the friendly, kind, and professional demeanor that we strive to give our clients!
We have also added some fabulous new services, one being our Luxurious Derma Glow Facial! Want to relax and transform your skin to a healthy glow? Our Derma Glow Facial is just what you need and includes the following for $240
- A relaxing facial which includes cleansing, relaxing facial massage, light steam to open pores and gentle extraction.
- Dermabrasion to exfoliate and reveal fresh skin and stimulate cell growth.
- Oxygen Blast – Oxygen serum is infused into skin using a machine which helps the skin to heal from the inside out.
- Collagen Mask – A collagen mask is applied which helps skin to retain water and plump it up for a beautiful glow.
- Moisturizer or Serum is applied to your skin (customized to your skin type).
- Slowly emerge from this luxurious service which will have your skin looking fresh, glowing and dewy!
New skin care that we are so excited about! Sothys from Paris, Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel (also have it not in extra strength for more sensitive skin!) and SkinCeuticals skin care join our Environ skin care line!