This is our first beauty night in a series and you are invited! Grab your best friend(s) and join us for a fun and informative evening on Thursday, September 20th from 4 to 7 pm. Relax with a complimentary Hydrating SkinCeuticals Mask, sip some wine & enjoy lite bites, meet our Rep and get your skin analyzed with the amazing SkinScope, and lots more! Please RSVP to our DARIEN Salon & Spa only at 203-656-5656 and mention if you would like to receive the complimentary mask. See you there!
We take great pride in researching each and every product that we use/sell in our salon and spa. Each product, whether for hair, skin or makeup, are products we stand behind. We only offer the very best to our clients, so you can be sure when deciding on whether or not to try a product, that we also use them ourselves!
That said, one of the brands we are completely obsessed with is SkinCeuticals. Open any magazine and you are sure to find either an Allure beauty award or a review of their products by top plastic surgeons, dermatologists or medical grade spas! SkinCeuticals is backed by years of research and development, and each product actually does what it says it will do! Serums that contain light sensitive antioxidants are packaged and sold in their dark glass bottles so that the light will not destroy the integrity of the product. Great to know when you are investing in superior skincare products!
One of our newest favorites is their H.A. Intensifier. This fabulous little miracle worker is a multi-functional serum that helps to amplify hyaluronic acid levels in your skin. This acid occurs naturally in your skin and helps to retain moisture. Unfortunately, as we age, we produce less and less. What happens when less of this acid is available? Your skin will be less firm and plump, and the texture will be rougher, and who wants that? Not us! Hyaluronic acid is such an important hydrator to the skin and SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier combines surface-hydrating hyaluronic acid with 10% proxylane (proxylane is a sugar-protein hybrid found in beech trees, responsible for defending against water loss), and the perfect concentration of licorice and purple rice extracts to support your skin’s hyaluronic acid levels. Add this to your arsenal of skincare products and show off hydrated, plumped and firmer looking skin!
Not sure what skincare is right for you? Our SkinCeuticals rep. will be offering a complimentary skin analysis using their powerful Skin Scope to tell you exactly where any dry, congested, sun damaged skin, etc. is on your face at our Girls Beauty Night this Wednesday, April 5th from 6 pm to 9 pm. Other highlights of the evening will include a beauty and fashion workshop with Dee, our Co-Owner and Erica Jensen, Owner of Helen Ainson. Get the scoop on all the beauty and fashion trends for spring/summer 2017! Shop our 3 trunk shows that evening featuring jewelry, clothing, accessories and lots more! Enjoy pina coladas, other refreshments and small bites!
Our raffle basket with products and services valued over $3,000 will be raffled off with proceeds going to Smile Train. Please R.S.V.P. 203-656-5656. Hope to see you there!
We have a treat for you next week! On Friday, March 3rd, we will be giving complimentary alpha beta peels from the Dr. Dennis
Gross skincare line. A representative and esthetician from their company will be here from 11 am till 2 pm to treat you to a peel which will leave your skin brighter and more radiant! This peel is loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C and is the perfect answer to perking up dull winter skin! With warmer weather getting closer and closer, it’s time to get that beautiful skin glowing and ready for spring!
Spaces are filling up quickly, so please call to book your complimentary appointment! Your skin will thank you! Hope to see you there!
Sometimes it’s the littlest things that can make a huge difference, and that is no different when it comes to beauty. Knowing some good tips and tricks can elevate your look to a whole new level! Simple things like banishing dry, flakey lips, or the simple beauty hack that can make that lipstick work for you, are essential to know to look your best! And can we state for the record that you need to stop saying “cheese” when taking a photo. The best word to use according to our sources? Say “money”, It leaves you with the sides of your mouth slightly turned up for a more realistic smile vs. saying “cheese” which leaves you with a more frozen, fake smile!
Read on for our 8 Beauty Tricks You Need To Know!
- When taking a photo, say the word “money” instead of “cheese”, it turns the corners of your mouth up for a more authentic smile. Saying “cheese” can make your smile look forced and un natural.
- When applying eyeshadow keep your eyes open and apply directly into the crease. Don’t use the “pull tight” method, as it can (and most likely will) end up leaving you applying more than needed.
- Make that lipstick work for you! You bought a new lipstick except when you get home, the shade you thought worked just doesn’t cut it. Make it work for you by breaking out your favorite concealer and pat on your lips. By applying concealer you will be able to work with a neutral canvas, and therefore getting a more true hue finish.
- Speaking of lips…. Winter can be so harsh on your pout! Keep them moisturized so lipstick doesn’t look dry and flakey. One trick: exfoliate your lips with a damp washcloth by rubbing gently in a circular motion. Now you can swipe on your favorite lipstick. The damp cloth will gently slough off dead skin to reveal a more beautiful pout!
- Make your perfume last all day! Applying a small amount of Vaseline to pulse points on your wrists and neck. Then spritz on your signature scent to those pulse points. The Vaseline is hydrating and very rich so it helps the scent to stay in place.
- Add antioxidants to your routine. A serum containing vitamin C can help protect from free radicals that can make skin look dull. Our choice: Skinceuticals! An amazing skin care line available in our salon & spa! Skinceuticals C E Ferulic is packed with antioxidants that your skin with love! We carry Skinceuticals and are more than happy to help you design a skincare regimen tailored specifically for you and your needs! After all, beautiful glowing skin is the foundation for gorgeous makeup!
- Want lashes that are curled to perfection? Other than donning gorgeous eyelash extension which will give you length, curl and volume, your next best friend is an eyelash curler. Get fabulous curled lashes by using your eyelash curler which has been slightly warmed (use a hairdryer on a low setting, as the metal can get hot and getting burned is not on tap for your beauty routine)!
- Fake a faux glow this winter by adding a bit of liquid bronzer or self tanner to your moisturizer. If you use a self tanner you will start to see a lovely warm glow in a few hours which will have you yearning for summer!
Biggest beauty trick ever? A beautiful smile!
We are serious about skincare and that is why we carefully seek out top notch products for you, our clients! Ingredients matter when it comes to products for your skin, so we proudly carry Environ, SkinCeuticals and Sothys of Paris.
Let us familiarize you with Sothys luxurious skincare line……
Founded in 1946 by Dr. Hotz (a medical biologist), Sothys has set standards of professional skincare for over 70 years. Their product line is all encompassing and features marine and botanicals to transform skin by targeting specific concerns. Dry, dull skin and large pores disappear with a Sothys skincare regimen. Aging skin? They’ve got years of research and development behind their Parisian line! Intense serums in 4 grades are offered to fight signs of aging and feature Cosmeseutical H2CR (Cell Health Restoring Complex). They are formulated with plant messenger peptides and powerful antioxidants to improve cell communication and many of their products contain hyaluronic acid which plumps and retains hydration.
Get to know this fabulous skincare line and transform your skin this winter! Schedule an appointment with one of our highly trained, professional Estheticians who are some of the best in the industry! Our Sothys facial will leave you with brighter, plumper, more beautiful skin — and isn’t that what we all want?!
You can buy all the makeup in the world, but there is nothing like beautiful skin that glows from within! The skin on your face is the canvas on which you apply your beauty products, so making sure that canvas looks it’s best is key!
We all can relate to the effects of poor sleep on our skin. Lack of sleep, not going into a deep sleep, or drinking alcohol, can leave you with dehydrated skin, dark circles and puffy eyes. Yikes! So what exactly does your skin do while you sleep? Read on….
First, it is not just the length of sleep, but whether or not you are going into a deep sleep. During a deep sleep your body is able to reduce the stress hormone, cortisol. Cortisol is a hormone we produce to deal with stress, or the fight or flight response to danger. Turning this hormone off at night is so important, as too much cortisol causes inflammation and is bad for your skin, and your health! It is during deep REM sleep (rapid eye movement) that your skin’s cells regenerate and turn over. Melatonin, another natural hormone produced in our bodies is higher at night, but as we age it diminishes. Taking a melatonin supplement 30 minutes prior to bed can help increase the length and depth of your restorative sleep (Note: always check with your doctor before taking any new supplement).
While you are getting your Zzzzzzz, your skin is fighting and destroying harmful free radicals and boosting collagen. Free radicals have been linked to aging skin, and we are bombarded by them each and every day. They are in the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the food we eat. Environmental toxins from air pollution or chemicals such as pesticides can wreak havoc on your skin. Maintaining a regular sleep schedule, and going into a deep and restful sleep will work wonders for your skin.
Your bedtime skin care routine is super important, as your skin works hard to repair itself at night. Using a good night cream that contains hyaluronic acid will hydrate skin and lock in moisture. Serums that contain vitamin C helps to stimulate collagen production. It also helps prevent oxidation, and therefore slows down the visible appearance of aging. Retinoids (or Retin A), a derivative of vitamin A, has been shown to even out skin and promote collagen production as well. Retinoids should be used at night and sunscreen should always be worn during the day, as retinoids can make skin more sensitive to the sun’s harmful rays.
Lastly, don’t forget to pay attention to the delicate skin under your eyes. The skin here is much thinner and more fragile, so signs of aging tend to show here first. Combat it with a high quality eye cream that you gently pat on before heading off for your beauty slumber! Our estheticians are pros, and can help you choose the right products for your skin. We are proud to carry three amazing skincare lines from Environ, SkinCeuticals and Sothy’s from Paris. All of these lines contain high quality ingredients, peptides, and vitamins, to help you achieve beautiful skin!
Love your skin by scheduling a professional facial and speaking to your esthetician about your at-home skincare routine. Your skin will thank you!