Great for all skin types, darker skin and people who have active lifestyles.
Organic filters penetrate skin and absorb UV rays like a sponge. They are also water resistant and absorb quickly in to the skin.
Great for children, those with sensitive skin and anyone who has post-procedure skin.
Mineral Filters sit on top of the skin to block UV rays like a shield. A natural mineral filter is Zinc Oxide and you will find it in all of SkinCeuticals 100% mineral sunscreens. This type of sunscreen is a great chemical free option, and is so gentle that children over 6 months can use it.
Mineral & Organic
Great for anyone who wants daily use sunscreen protection.
Multi-tasking formulas with UV protection that provides the benefits of both mineral and organic filters.
No matter what sunscreen you choose, it’s important that you keep your skin protected from the harmful rays of the sun. Your skin will thank you later in life when you don’t have sun spots, wrinkles and sagging skin!
Speaking of coverage, keep that hair color covered when out in the sun. A pretty hat like the one below will keep your hair color beautiful and keep your hair from drying out!
This beauty is available at Helen Ainson (on sale for $15!) in store or online! Shop it here!
Happy Sunny Summer Days! xoxo
You may change jobs, places you live, your clothes and lots of other things during your lifetime but the one thing that will stay with you to the end is your skin! Our belief: It is never, ever too early to take care of your skin! Did you also know that most of the sun damage we get is before the age of 20? That is why it is so very important to apply sunscreen from early on in life. Yes, genes do have some factor in how we age, but it is proven that lifestyle can and does change the outcome, depending on how well (or not so well) you have cared for your skin. These are some good guidelines for your skin. Here is skin care by the decade:
Skin Care in Your 20’s:
- Remove your makeup every night (no exceptions!): It is so important to be sure to remove makeup before heading off to bed! Makeup, oils and dirt will clog pores which can lead to breakouts and lackluster skin.
- Use a moisturizer with sunscreen every day: Find a moisturizer for your particular skin type that contains a sunscreen to protect skin from the harsh rays of the sun. We get sun exposure daily even if you are not sitting at the beach!
- Get in the habit of drinking water: Water is cleansing and hydrating. Adding a squeeze of fresh lemon makes it even more so! Keeping skin hydrated is key to good skin.
- Think about adding a supplement like Biotin to your diet (NOTE: ALWAYS check with your doctor prior to taking any supplement) which is great for hair, skin and nails.
Skin Care in Your 30’s:
- Continue with the regimen above.
- Facials: Facials are beneficial at any age! We have facials of all types, including: Vitamin Therapy Facials, Facials for Young Adults and our Signature Facial just to name a few! Treat your skin to some love with one that is right for you!
- Add Vitamin C and A: Skin begins to lose elasticity in your 30’s so being proactive is key! Using products packed with Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and Vitamin A (retinoids) are backed by science. These little wonders are great for thickening skin, producing more collagen, and helping with discolorations and adding brightness. We have fabulous skin care lines from Sothys, SkinCeuticals and Environ that contain these vitamins. Ask our Estheticians which is right for you!
- Using injectables is a personal decision: Each of us has the right to decide if using injectables is right for our skin. If you do decide to use them it is imperative that you see a trained doctor! There are a lot of offers for inexpensive Botox and fillers and you get what you pay for! We are proud to have our Medical Director, Dr. Fredric Newman, a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, affiliated with us to provide injectables so the look is beautiful and natural. Fillers and Botox are a great addition to your skin care to prevent scowl lines between eyebrows, crows feet, or forehead lines. If you do decide to go ahead with it you will be treated in Dr. Newman’s medical office located only blocks away from us! Again, this is a personal decision and one that you must decide is right for you.
Skin Care in Your 40’s and 50’s:
- Continue with the regimen’s above
- Try Anti-aging Facials: Our Ultimate Vitamin Therapy Facial is a luxurious treatment with intense penetration of vitamins. Our Roll Away the Years Treatment is an extraordinary treatment for aging skin and our Oxygen Facial delivers pure oxygen with 87 different vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids.
- Menopause in women causes hormone levels to drop and this in turn makes skin even drier, less elastic and cell turnover slows significantly. Skin care during this time is essential and the use of the proper skin care products is extremely important to have skin looking it’s best!
Skin Care 60’s and Beyond:
- Continue a good skin care regimen like above and don’t think that it’s okay to stop the sunscreen! Sunscreen and good skin care are a life long commitment, not only to avoid wrinkles but wearing sunscreen daily is a proactive choice to keep skin cancer at bay.
- Love your beautiful self! Can we be any clearer? Love and kindness towards yourself and others and a zest and joy for life make you fabulous no matter what your age!
Have a beautiful day! xoxo
DISCLAIMER: This is not intended to be medical advice. Always check with your doctor prior to using Vitamin A, Vitamin C or any supplement whether it is taken internally or used externally. Pregnant women should always consult a doctor as well.
Today we are showcasing SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore, a product that improves the look of skin fullness, texture, skin evenness, overall radiance, hydration and pore appearance. SkinCeuticals is a brand we truly believe in, and our estheticians are trained in product knowledge and offer amazing facials using this fabulous line! Schedule your appointment and embrace your skin with luxury backed by science!
Our team of salon and spa professionals has been growing and we couldn’t be more thrilled! We have new Estheticians who come to us with a long list of accomplishments, years of experience, and the friendly, kind, and professional demeanor that we strive to give our clients!
We have also added some fabulous new services, one being our Luxurious Derma Glow Facial! Want to relax and transform your skin to a healthy glow? Our Derma Glow Facial is just what you need and includes the following for $240
- A relaxing facial which includes cleansing, relaxing facial massage, light steam to open pores and gentle extraction.
- Dermabrasion to exfoliate and reveal fresh skin and stimulate cell growth.
- Oxygen Blast – Oxygen serum is infused into skin using a machine which helps the skin to heal from the inside out.
- Collagen Mask – A collagen mask is applied which helps skin to retain water and plump it up for a beautiful glow.
- Moisturizer or Serum is applied to your skin (customized to your skin type).
- Slowly emerge from this luxurious service which will have your skin looking fresh, glowing and dewy!
New skin care that we are so excited about! Sothys from Paris, Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel (also have it not in extra strength for more sensitive skin!) and SkinCeuticals skin care join our Environ skin care line!
We have finally entered into some gloriously beautiful spring weather! There’s something about the warm weather, sunshine and dressing lighter! It literally puts a “spring” into your step, and all those winter blues just seem to melt away! Unfortunately, we may still have that dry, dull winter skin which doesn’t allow our new spring makeup to look it’s best! So what to do? Head over to our spa for some serious skin care with our professionals who will have you singing all the way home! Here are 4 treatments to banish winter skin!
- TOTAL GLOW BODY BRONZING WITH EXOTIC SALT GLOW: Fake a bake with our sunless tanning! Your treatment begins with a complete exfoliation of your entire body which prepares your skin for a beautiful bronzed glow using our sunless tanner! No more dry, flaky skin! Your color will deepen within 2 to 3 hours and you’ll be dying to take out those white tops to show off your new warm weather skin!
- AGE DEFYING BODY TREATMENT: This treatment hydrates and exfoliates, gently removing old, dry skin cells from the winter! It is followed by a luxurious deep penetrating massage with oils for gorgeous skin!
- ULTIMATE VITAMIN THERAPY FACIAL: Treat your face to an intense penetration of vitamins for a new glow and soft skin! Your makeup will look so much better after this facial!
- EXOTIC COCONUT RUB AND MILK INFUSED WRAP: After a dry, long winter, your skin will thank you with this beauty treatment! This nourishes your skin giving you smoother, softer, more supple skin. You’ll feel more confident to wear all those leg and arm baring warm weather clothes!
Not sure which treatment is right for you? Give us a call (203-656-5656) and we can help you figure out which one is right to renew your skin to a luminous glow! We are always here to help and look forward to helping you step out looking and feeling your best this season!
P.S. Don’t forget Mom! Mother’s Day is May 8th. Perhaps she would like a little pampering for her skin! Call for a gift certificate for your special mom; doesn’t she deserve it?!
xoxo The Glam Squad at Andrew Stefanou Salon and Spa
Do you have skin that just makes you look older, tired looking or dull? Are your pores large? Do you have Rosacea or just reddish undertones that bother you? Perhaps you suffer with breakouts which make you feel self conscious? Here is the question: How to have the skin you’ve always wanted and dreamed of? We have some answers for you as well as a testimonial on our medical grade skin care line!
- HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE: We cannot emphasize enough the importance of drinking water daily to hydrate your skin and plump it up! We love Trader Joe’s Alkaline Water with Electrolytes which refreshes and hydrates. It’s pH is 9.5+, and purified through reverse osmosis, then ionized to achieve the perfect balance! This water is especially helpful after a night out on the town with one too many cocktails! Alcohol dries out the skin and dehydrates so this water is the perfect answer! You can also drink regular water. Any clean, purified water is great for your body and your skin. We also love adding a squeeze of lemon juice (a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar works well too) to our water which helps in cleansing. The winter is especially harsh on skin with cold winds and low humidity. A humidifier is a great answer at home to combat dry air and have skin, nails and hair feeling less parched!
- EAT GOOD, HEALTHY FATS: Good fats like avocados and olive oil are essential to good skin, as are Omega 3 fatty acids which are available foods like salmon, flax seed, walnuts, sardines and tofu, just to name a few. Not keen on those foods? Try taking a high grade Omega 3 supplement.
- BIOTIN IS YOUR FRIEND: Taking a good biotin supplement helps provide nutrients to help hair, nails and skin. (always consult a doctor before taking any supplements).
- BE GENTLE WITH YOUR SKIN: Be gentle especially with the skin on your face. Extreme exfoliating, tugging, or scrubbing harshly with a washcloth is only hurting your skin. The skin under your eyes are especially vulnerable because the skin is much thinner there. Gently pat on creams and moisturizers. Your skin will thank you!
- SCHEDULE REGULAR FACIALS: Depending on what you can afford, try to schedule a facial. Our facials are not like every other spa out there! We are a Medical Grade Spa, using equipment, products and procedures that you would get in a dermatologists office. Our amazing Estheticians are highly trained with years of experience, and are up to date on all the newest procedures and how to perform them. Find out about all our different facials on our website (click here).
- USE A HIGH QUALITY, MEDICAL GRADE SKIN CARE LINE: We use Environ, a medical grade skin care line developed 23 years ago by a South African plastic surgeon, Dr. Des Fernandes. Environ works on the premise that high-dosing of vitamins A, C and E is the only path to great skin. Envion’s protective vitamin A and antioxidant vitamin C and E counter damage, triggered by pollution, stress, poor diet, UV light and smoking, giving you firmer, more vibrant skin. There is a certain “Environ Look” that facialist’s who use it on themselves and on their client’s see, which is a “very glowy look”! The most common feedback from users everywhere is that six months in, they are using less or no foundation! Now that’s something to smile about! But don’t take our word, we have a testimonial from one of our clients who has been using the Environ line for a only a couple of months:
“I am a client of Andrew and Dee’s Salon and Spa and offered to write this testimonial because of how my skin has transformed and all the compliments I have received since I started using Environ 2 months ago!”
“There are 6 to 7 products I use religiously every day. I start with Environ’s AVST Pre Cleansing Oil which helps remove makeup and excess oils. I only use this in the evening though when I want to remove makeup. In the morning I just rinse my face and go straight to step 3, the c-quence toner. Back to evening: after using the oil I then use Environ’s c-quence cleanser which gently cleanses and contains ingredients which condition, nourish and hydrate my skin. Step 3, as I said above is the c-quence toner which also increases hydration but also works to improve the appearance of my uneven skin tone. Step 4 is my c-boost clarifying cream which contains vitamin C and helps improve sun damage and uneven skin tone. I love it because it’s not greasy and just feels like baby skin! Step 5 is c-quence 1 which is an introductory moisturizer that contains a low concentration of vitamin A and a medium concentration of vitamin C. This light milky-like lotion feels amazing on my skin and makes it glow! (there is c-quence 2, 3 and 4 which contain higher concentrations of the vitamins, but I need to build up to those levels!). Lastly, I use Step 6, c-quence eye gel which I gently pat under my eyes and on any crows feet! It contains vitamins, antioxidants and peptides to improve fine lines and moisturize.”
“So what do I honestly think of this skin care line? I LOVE it! My pores are hardly noticeable, my skin looks more even, and I have started using a very sheer foundation because it looks so good! My skin also looks smoother and actually has a youthful glow to it! It was the dead of winter and when I first had my incredible facial with Anna; my skin was dry, dehydrated and dull. I left with an unbelievable glow and a plumpness which made my skin look more youthful. Anna gave me a luxurious facial with intense penetration of medical grade products and vitamins with the unique Doctor Fernandez machine which helps to infuse and penetrate the vitamins deep into the layers of the skin. I will continue to use this line, as it really is easy to use (takes literally 5 minutes!) and my skin at 53 years old looks amazing compared to 2 months ago! Thank you Dee and Andrew for your relaxing, beautiful medical grade spa where I know I am getting the very best in skin care! Thank you Anna! You are the best! I’ll be scheduling another facial in the next couple weeks!”