Sometimes it’s the littlest things that can make a huge difference, and that is no different when it comes to beauty. Knowing some good tips and tricks can elevate your look to a whole new level! Simple things like banishing dry, flakey lips, or the simple beauty hack that can make that lipstick work for you, are essential to know to look your best! And can we state for the record that you need to stop saying “cheese” when taking a photo. The best word to use according to our sources? Say “money”, It leaves you with the sides of your mouth slightly turned up for a more realistic smile vs. saying “cheese” which leaves you with a more frozen, fake smile!
Read on for our 8 Beauty Tricks You Need To Know!
- When taking a photo, say the word “money” instead of “cheese”, it turns the corners of your mouth up for a more authentic smile. Saying “cheese” can make your smile look forced and un natural.
- When applying eyeshadow keep your eyes open and apply directly into the crease. Don’t use the “pull tight” method, as it can (and most likely will) end up leaving you applying more than needed.
- Make that lipstick work for you! You bought a new lipstick except when you get home, the shade you thought worked just doesn’t cut it. Make it work for you by breaking out your favorite concealer and pat on your lips. By applying concealer you will be able to work with a neutral canvas, and therefore getting a more true hue finish.
- Speaking of lips…. Winter can be so harsh on your pout! Keep them moisturized so lipstick doesn’t look dry and flakey. One trick: exfoliate your lips with a damp washcloth by rubbing gently in a circular motion. Now you can swipe on your favorite lipstick. The damp cloth will gently slough off dead skin to reveal a more beautiful pout!
- Make your perfume last all day! Applying a small amount of Vaseline to pulse points on your wrists and neck. Then spritz on your signature scent to those pulse points. The Vaseline is hydrating and very rich so it helps the scent to stay in place.
- Add antioxidants to your routine. A serum containing vitamin C can help protect from free radicals that can make skin look dull. Our choice: Skinceuticals! An amazing skin care line available in our salon & spa! Skinceuticals C E Ferulic is packed with antioxidants that your skin with love! We carry Skinceuticals and are more than happy to help you design a skincare regimen tailored specifically for you and your needs! After all, beautiful glowing skin is the foundation for gorgeous makeup!
- Want lashes that are curled to perfection? Other than donning gorgeous eyelash extension which will give you length, curl and volume, your next best friend is an eyelash curler. Get fabulous curled lashes by using your eyelash curler which has been slightly warmed (use a hairdryer on a low setting, as the metal can get hot and getting burned is not on tap for your beauty routine)!
- Fake a faux glow this winter by adding a bit of liquid bronzer or self tanner to your moisturizer. If you use a self tanner you will start to see a lovely warm glow in a few hours which will have you yearning for summer!
Biggest beauty trick ever? A beautiful smile!