Turn on any channel on your television, or go see any movie at your local theater, and you most likely will see one of Hollywood’s famous ladies looking gorgeous! What does she have that you don’t? One of the biggest beauty secrets of female celebrities is that they get eyelash extensions. (There are other beauty services they get too, but for the sake of this blog post, we are just talking about lashes.!)
As an award winning salon and spa, we only use the very best products out there, and always research and try them out on ourselves! That is why we use Extreme Lashes. They are simply the BEST! Here is an excerpt from their website:
“Your ultimate answer for longer, darker, fuller, and more lifted eyelashes. Developed to mimic your natural eyelashes, single or multiple Xtreme Lashes Eyelash Extensions are applied to a single eyelash, resulting in a gorgeous, natural appearance.
Using a proprietary adhesive, Xtreme Lashes Eyelash Extensions are only applied by a trained and certified Xtreme Lashes Lash Stylist. Xtreme Lashes Eyelash Extensions are not traditional false eyelashes, eyelash flares or implants.
Safe and comfortable to wear, Xtreme Lashes Eyelash Extensions are never applied directly to your skin or eyelid. With routine touch ups every two weeks, you can have amazing eyelashes”
Ready to get your lashes? Call us for an appointment in Darien at 203-656-5656 or in Orange at 203-298-4470. We look forward to making your peepers even more beautiful than they already are!
Here is a client that Dee recently had. Needless to say, her client left feeling and looking more gorgeous than ever!
We, of course, are totally hooked on everything to do with beauty – hair, nails, makeup, beautiful skin…. We are also in love with fashion and are constantly combing through Vogue, Bazaar, In Style and other magazines for ideas on taking our style to new levels!
You have the perfect haircut, color and your nails are looking impeccable, but now what? How do you pack a fashion and beauty punch and stand out as a style and beauty guru? It’s not that difficult to master! Taking these 10 fashion and beauty tips we love is a good start to upping the ante! Sometimes it’s just a little tweak here and there, like adding a bright colored accessory, penciling in your brows differently or layering on necklaces! Here are a few of our faves!
- ACCESSORIZE WITH BRIGHTS: Closet full of neutrals? Add some punch with bold colored shoes and handbags.
- THROW ON A SCARF: Long skinny scarves are very hot right now but any scarf is one of the best accessories around! Little scarves tied around the neck are a Parisian woman’s favorite right now!
- LAYER YOUR NECKLACES LIKE COCO CHANEL: Coco was definitely on to something! Make a statement with multiple strands of pearls for instance. Instant glamour that elevates a simple little black dress (the LBD)!
- MIX IT UP BY PAIRING FEMININE WITH EDGY: Pair a leather skirt with a feminine lace top for instance. Mixing classic clothes with edgier more trendy pieces looks fresh and new.
- FRAME YOUR PEEPERS: Gone are the overly arched brows that we have seen in recent years! Instead of going for an arch, pencil your brows in with the thickness in the front, in line with the corners of your eyes. Then pluck stray hairs under the arch and from below the tail so the brow extends outward instead of down, which can make your eyes look droopy. The shape to go for now is a fresh-faced, straight, boyish style.
- ELONGATE YOUR TORSO: Short torso? No problem! Sport a V-neck top which gives the illusion of a longer torso!
- HIGHLIGHT AND CONTOUR: Use illuminating highlighting powder or stick to accentuate under the brow bone, on your cheekbones or anywhere you want to “pop”. Conversely, add contour under cheekbones in the hollows to add definition. Remember light colors come forward and dark colors recede. Need a makeup lesson? We’ve got that! Call and book your appointment with Dee who will guide you through the ins and outs of everything makeup! Knowing how to do your makeup properly to enhance your own individual features is key to looking and feeling great in any setting!
- ADD A PAIR OF GREAT HOOPS TO YOUR JEWELRY COLLECTION: Hoops are a classic that every woman should own. Choose the right shape hoop for your face – for a thin face, go for larger round hoops. Round faces look best with an elongated hoop or drop style.
- WANT LONGER LOOKING LEGS? Try nude colored pumps with that LBD! Wearing pumps the same color as your skin gives the illusion of your legs looking longer!
- DON’T UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A SILK PILLOWCASE: A silk pillowcase is gentler on your skin (helping to prevent “sleep crease”) and your hair!