Do you have skin that just makes you look older, tired looking or dull? Are your pores large? Do you have Rosacea or just reddish undertones that bother you? Perhaps you suffer with breakouts which make you feel self conscious? Here is the question: How to have the skin you’ve always wanted and dreamed of? We have some answers for you as well as a testimonial on our medical grade skin care line!
- HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE: We cannot emphasize enough the importance of drinking water daily to hydrate your skin and plump it up! We love Trader Joe’s Alkaline Water with Electrolytes which refreshes and hydrates. It’s pH is 9.5+, and purified through reverse osmosis, then ionized to achieve the perfect balance! This water is especially helpful after a night out on the town with one too many cocktails! Alcohol dries out the skin and dehydrates so this water is the perfect answer! You can also drink regular water. Any clean, purified water is great for your body and your skin. We also love adding a squeeze of lemon juice (a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar works well too) to our water which helps in cleansing. The winter is especially harsh on skin with cold winds and low humidity. A humidifier is a great answer at home to combat dry air and have skin, nails and hair feeling less parched!
- EAT GOOD, HEALTHY FATS: Good fats like avocados and olive oil are essential to good skin, as are Omega 3 fatty acids which are available foods like salmon, flax seed, walnuts, sardines and tofu, just to name a few. Not keen on those foods? Try taking a high grade Omega 3 supplement.
- BIOTIN IS YOUR FRIEND: Taking a good biotin supplement helps provide nutrients to help hair, nails and skin. (always consult a doctor before taking any supplements).
- BE GENTLE WITH YOUR SKIN: Be gentle especially with the skin on your face. Extreme exfoliating, tugging, or scrubbing harshly with a washcloth is only hurting your skin. The skin under your eyes are especially vulnerable because the skin is much thinner there. Gently pat on creams and moisturizers. Your skin will thank you!
- SCHEDULE REGULAR FACIALS: Depending on what you can afford, try to schedule a facial. Our facials are not like every other spa out there! We are a Medical Grade Spa, using equipment, products and procedures that you would get in a dermatologists office. Our amazing Estheticians are highly trained with years of experience, and are up to date on all the newest procedures and how to perform them. Find out about all our different facials on our website (click here).
- USE A HIGH QUALITY, MEDICAL GRADE SKIN CARE LINE: We use Environ, a medical grade skin care line developed 23 years ago by a South African plastic surgeon, Dr. Des Fernandes. Environ works on the premise that high-dosing of vitamins A, C and E is the only path to great skin. Envion’s protective vitamin A and antioxidant vitamin C and E counter damage, triggered by pollution, stress, poor diet, UV light and smoking, giving you firmer, more vibrant skin. There is a certain “Environ Look” that facialist’s who use it on themselves and on their client’s see, which is a “very glowy look”! The most common feedback from users everywhere is that six months in, they are using less or no foundation! Now that’s something to smile about! But don’t take our word, we have a testimonial from one of our clients who has been using the Environ line for a only a couple of months:
“I am a client of Andrew and Dee’s Salon and Spa and offered to write this testimonial because of how my skin has transformed and all the compliments I have received since I started using Environ 2 months ago!”
“There are 6 to 7 products I use religiously every day. I start with Environ’s AVST Pre Cleansing Oil which helps remove makeup and excess oils. I only use this in the evening though when I want to remove makeup. In the morning I just rinse my face and go straight to step 3, the c-quence toner. Back to evening: after using the oil I then use Environ’s c-quence cleanser which gently cleanses and contains ingredients which condition, nourish and hydrate my skin. Step 3, as I said above is the c-quence toner which also increases hydration but also works to improve the appearance of my uneven skin tone. Step 4 is my c-boost clarifying cream which contains vitamin C and helps improve sun damage and uneven skin tone. I love it because it’s not greasy and just feels like baby skin! Step 5 is c-quence 1 which is an introductory moisturizer that contains a low concentration of vitamin A and a medium concentration of vitamin C. This light milky-like lotion feels amazing on my skin and makes it glow! (there is c-quence 2, 3 and 4 which contain higher concentrations of the vitamins, but I need to build up to those levels!). Lastly, I use Step 6, c-quence eye gel which I gently pat under my eyes and on any crows feet! It contains vitamins, antioxidants and peptides to improve fine lines and moisturize.”
“So what do I honestly think of this skin care line? I LOVE it! My pores are hardly noticeable, my skin looks more even, and I have started using a very sheer foundation because it looks so good! My skin also looks smoother and actually has a youthful glow to it! It was the dead of winter and when I first had my incredible facial with Anna; my skin was dry, dehydrated and dull. I left with an unbelievable glow and a plumpness which made my skin look more youthful. Anna gave me a luxurious facial with intense penetration of medical grade products and vitamins with the unique Doctor Fernandez machine which helps to infuse and penetrate the vitamins deep into the layers of the skin. I will continue to use this line, as it really is easy to use (takes literally 5 minutes!) and my skin at 53 years old looks amazing compared to 2 months ago! Thank you Dee and Andrew for your relaxing, beautiful medical grade spa where I know I am getting the very best in skin care! Thank you Anna! You are the best! I’ll be scheduling another facial in the next couple weeks!”