Skinceuticals is one of the most recognized and touted skincare lines there is, and if you’re a fan, you know why! The results just don’t lie. Their skincare is based on science and the ingredients are, well, you only need look into the mirror after faithful use to see why we are in love with their entire line! Their newest product, Tripeptide-R Neck Repair is truly a game changer for the aging skin of the neck area. After a mere 16 weeks of use the skin is firmer, wrinkles substantially diminished and skin is hydrated and more supple. Want to give it a try? Give us a call to order yours!
Curious about these two powerhouse ingredients? They both provide great benefits for your skin, such as softening or eliminating wrinkles, building collagen, and offering other anti-aging benefits, but can they be used together at the same time? The answer according to our Estheticians is a definite “no”. They recommend using your serums or creams containing vitamin C in the morning, especially because it will protect against free radicals. Whereas, products with the superpower ingredient, Retin A (also Renova – more gentle form) is best used when skin repairs itself anyway, which would be as you catch your Zzzzzzzzz’s!
Bottom line, taking time for a serious skincare regimen has enormous benefits that you will see over time. When these two skin changing ingredients are used properly, you will slowly see the years rolling backwards! For an appointment with one of our Estheticians, give us a call at 203-656-5656. And, if you have any questions in the beauty/hair/personal care arena, we would love to help! Send us a message on Facebook or Instagram and we will get you the answers!
Have a Beautiful Day! xoxo
It’s time already! Time to vote for all your favorites in Fairfield County for Best of the Gold Coast 2019!
The link to vote is HERE. We truly appreciate your votes in all the beauty categories. Categories are as follows:
- Makeup Application
- Women’s Salon
- Men’s Salon
- Eyelash Extensions
- Day Spa
- Hair Color
Thank you! xoxo
Your Beauty & Pampering Team at Andrew Stefanou Salon & Spa
Great for all skin types, darker skin and people who have active lifestyles.
Organic filters penetrate skin and absorb UV rays like a sponge. They are also water resistant and absorb quickly in to the skin.
Great for children, those with sensitive skin and anyone who has post-procedure skin.
Mineral Filters sit on top of the skin to block UV rays like a shield. A natural mineral filter is Zinc Oxide and you will find it in all of SkinCeuticals 100% mineral sunscreens. This type of sunscreen is a great chemical free option, and is so gentle that children over 6 months can use it.
Mineral & Organic
Great for anyone who wants daily use sunscreen protection.
Multi-tasking formulas with UV protection that provides the benefits of both mineral and organic filters.
No matter what sunscreen you choose, it’s important that you keep your skin protected from the harmful rays of the sun. Your skin will thank you later in life when you don’t have sun spots, wrinkles and sagging skin!
Speaking of coverage, keep that hair color covered when out in the sun. A pretty hat like the one below will keep your hair color beautiful and keep your hair from drying out!
This beauty is available at Helen Ainson (on sale for $15!) in store or online! Shop it here!
Happy Sunny Summer Days! xoxo
We take great pride in researching each and every product that we use/sell in our salon and spa. Each product, whether for hair, skin or makeup, are products we stand behind. We only offer the very best to our clients, so you can be sure when deciding on whether or not to try a product, that we also use them ourselves!
That said, one of the brands we are completely obsessed with is SkinCeuticals. Open any magazine and you are sure to find either an Allure beauty award or a review of their products by top plastic surgeons, dermatologists or medical grade spas! SkinCeuticals is backed by years of research and development, and each product actually does what it says it will do! Serums that contain light sensitive antioxidants are packaged and sold in their dark glass bottles so that the light will not destroy the integrity of the product. Great to know when you are investing in superior skincare products!
One of our newest favorites is their H.A. Intensifier. This fabulous little miracle worker is a multi-functional serum that helps to amplify hyaluronic acid levels in your skin. This acid occurs naturally in your skin and helps to retain moisture. Unfortunately, as we age, we produce less and less. What happens when less of this acid is available? Your skin will be less firm and plump, and the texture will be rougher, and who wants that? Not us! Hyaluronic acid is such an important hydrator to the skin and SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier combines surface-hydrating hyaluronic acid with 10% proxylane (proxylane is a sugar-protein hybrid found in beech trees, responsible for defending against water loss), and the perfect concentration of licorice and purple rice extracts to support your skin’s hyaluronic acid levels. Add this to your arsenal of skincare products and show off hydrated, plumped and firmer looking skin!
Not sure what skincare is right for you? Our SkinCeuticals rep. will be offering a complimentary skin analysis using their powerful Skin Scope to tell you exactly where any dry, congested, sun damaged skin, etc. is on your face at our Girls Beauty Night this Wednesday, April 5th from 6 pm to 9 pm. Other highlights of the evening will include a beauty and fashion workshop with Dee, our Co-Owner and Erica Jensen, Owner of Helen Ainson. Get the scoop on all the beauty and fashion trends for spring/summer 2017! Shop our 3 trunk shows that evening featuring jewelry, clothing, accessories and lots more! Enjoy pina coladas, other refreshments and small bites!
Our raffle basket with products and services valued over $3,000 will be raffled off with proceeds going to Smile Train. Please R.S.V.P. 203-656-5656. Hope to see you there!
We are so anxious for spring to arrive (especially with the impending big snow storm looming over us)! as we love the longer days and sunny, warmer weather! We are so excited about beautiful warm weather being so close by that we thought it would be a lot of fun to have a Spring Fever Girls Beauty Night!
Join us and get ready for spring with special discounts, giveaways, and a raffle for a basket of goodies worth over $2,000! We will have Pina Coladas and small bites, summertime music, beauty specials, a fashion and beauty trend workshop with demos, tanning with our new organic spray tan, live demo of fillers/Xeomin (a new natural Botox), meet the SkinCeuticals Rep and get a free skin analysis with their Skin Scope, shopping and more! P.S. A Selfie/Photo Booth too!
While all our guests are beautifying themselves, we will be selling raffle tickets for a basket of totally amazing prizes! All proceeds will go to Smile Train so we can give the gift of a beautiful new smile(s) to children with Cleft Palate This basket worth over $2,000 will include:
- A luxurious Day of Beauty and Pampering at our salon & spa, along with beauty products to use at home.
- A package of 4 IPL Laser Treatments (worth $1,000) from our Medical Director, Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Fredric Newman.
- Tanning Package with our new organic spray tan, Coco Tanning
- Clothing/Accessories from Helen Ainson
- Jewelry from Trendsetters Jewelry
- Accessories from SBG Designs
- 2 tickets to The Darien Arts Center musical “Baby”
- This package is worth over $2,000 and one lucky lady will be winning this over-the-top basket!
This fabulous event will take place on Wednesday, April 5, 2017 from 6 pm to 9 pm. Bring along some friends for a fun evening sipping Pina Coladas, eating yummy little bites, and mingling with the girls! Here is what we have planned for this special evening:
- SPRING BEAUTY TRENDS & MAKEUP DEMO: Our Co-Owner and award winning makeup artist, Dee, will be filling all the guests in on the biggest beauty trends of the spring/summer 2017 season. She will also be demonstrating the trending makeup techniques on a live model. Guests will also be able to browse the new makeup line made specifically for their salon/spa and be able to purchase new and exciting eye, lip and cheek colors that compliment their skin tone and hair color. Ask her all about the new eyelashes for lash extensions. They are made by the same company but are even better now!
- HAIR, GLORIOUS HAIR! What are the hottest hair color trends? What are easy ways to put my hair up myself and still look great running around town? What hairstyles are on trend for spring/summer 2017? Why do I need a good shampoo and conditioner? Find out the answers to these and more!
- RECEIVE 20% OFF ALL SPA/SALON TREATMENTS WHEN BOOKED THAT NIGHT!
- FASHION TRENDS BY HELEN AINSON: Erica Jensen, Owner of Helen Ainson will give attendees the scoop on trends in fashion for the upcoming season. Mannequins will showcase her fashion forward sportswear and stunning cocktail dresses and evening gowns.
- GET GLOWING WITH OUR NEW ORGANIC SPRAY TAN: Bring along dark, loose clothing and get a gorgeous tan with our brand new organic spray tan! Special price of $40 (regular $50), but bring along a friend who gets spray tanned and pay only $30 for your enviable tan!
- LIVE DEMO OF XEOMIN (the new natural, additive free Botox) AND FILLERS: Our Medical Director, Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Fredric Newman will demonstrate fillers and Xeomin on a live model. He will also talk about the brand new fillers out, Defyne and Refyne which last up to a year! Drop your business card in or write down your name and phone and Dr. Newman will pick 5 women who will win a free Xeomin (the new natural botox that has no additives) treatment! Book a Xeomin or filler treatment that night and get 20% off!
- FREE SKIN ANALYSIS WITH THE SKINCEUTICALS REP USING THEIR SKIN SCOPE: Get your skin analyzed with a skin pro. This complimentary service allows the skin care rep to see into your skin to look for sun damage, congested pores, dryness, and so much more. She will then be able to recommend the SkinCeutical products that are right for you. Special savings will be offered when guests buy multiple products from the line.
- SKINCEUTICALS SERUM BAR – Try fabulous serums at the SkinCeuticals Serum Bar where you can not only see how moisturizing and luxurious they are, but learn what each one does to transform the skin inside and out! SkinCeuticals is carried by renowned dermatologists, plastic surgeons and medical spas because their products are backed with real results!
- SHOP TILL YOU DROP: We have lined up three Trunk Shows for your shopping pleasure! Trendsetters Jewelry will have new spring necklaces, earrings, rings & bracelets. SBG Designs will showcase exercise tights, cell phone cases, and other accessories. And Helen Ainson will have handmade, one-of-a-kind belts, straw hats, spring tops, wraps, and gift items. Buy for yourself or think about upcoming birthdays, prom or Mothers Day!
- EVERYONE LOVES A GOOD SELFIE! Get a tan, try some new makeup, buy a new top, hat or jewelry and show it off at our Selfie/Photo Booth! Take one alone or get a group of girls together and post on social media!
Guests will leave with a goodie bag filled with discounts, little prizes, samples, and our Spring/Summer Beauty & Fashion Guide to keep as a reference to look your very best throughout the upcoming seasons!
Please R.S.V.P. by April 2nd – 203-656-5656 and let us know if you will be tanning that evening (bring dark, loose clothing for after your spray tan)
We have a treat for you next week! On Friday, March 3rd, we will be giving complimentary alpha beta peels from the Dr. Dennis
Gross skincare line. A representative and esthetician from their company will be here from 11 am till 2 pm to treat you to a peel which will leave your skin brighter and more radiant! This peel is loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C and is the perfect answer to perking up dull winter skin! With warmer weather getting closer and closer, it’s time to get that beautiful skin glowing and ready for spring!
Spaces are filling up quickly, so please call to book your complimentary appointment! Your skin will thank you! Hope to see you there!