This is our first beauty night in a series and you are invited! Grab your best friend(s) and join us for a fun and informative evening on Thursday, September 20th from 4 to 7 pm. Relax with a complimentary Hydrating SkinCeuticals Mask, sip some wine & enjoy lite bites, meet our Rep and get your skin analyzed with the amazing SkinScope, and lots more! Please RSVP to our DARIEN Salon & Spa only at 203-656-5656 and mention if you would like to receive the complimentary mask. See you there!
We are now carrying OPI’s new powders for long lasting manicures in gorgeous colors! Make your appointment with one of our talented nail pros and show off those beautiful hands! And don’t forget to get those feet in tip top shape for that winter getaway where toes will be on display!
Make your appointment to try our new powder manicure using OPI’s powder nail colors at 203-656-5656.
Great for all skin types, darker skin and people who have active lifestyles.
Organic filters penetrate skin and absorb UV rays like a sponge. They are also water resistant and absorb quickly in to the skin.
Great for children, those with sensitive skin and anyone who has post-procedure skin.
Mineral Filters sit on top of the skin to block UV rays like a shield. A natural mineral filter is Zinc Oxide and you will find it in all of SkinCeuticals 100% mineral sunscreens. This type of sunscreen is a great chemical free option, and is so gentle that children over 6 months can use it.
Mineral & Organic
Great for anyone who wants daily use sunscreen protection.
Multi-tasking formulas with UV protection that provides the benefits of both mineral and organic filters.
No matter what sunscreen you choose, it’s important that you keep your skin protected from the harmful rays of the sun. Your skin will thank you later in life when you don’t have sun spots, wrinkles and sagging skin!
Speaking of coverage, keep that hair color covered when out in the sun. A pretty hat like the one below will keep your hair color beautiful and keep your hair from drying out!
This beauty is available at Helen Ainson (on sale for $15!) in store or online! Shop it here!
Happy Sunny Summer Days! xoxo
We are so anxious for spring to arrive (especially with the impending big snow storm looming over us)! as we love the longer days and sunny, warmer weather! We are so excited about beautiful warm weather being so close by that we thought it would be a lot of fun to have a Spring Fever Girls Beauty Night!
Join us and get ready for spring with special discounts, giveaways, and a raffle for a basket of goodies worth over $2,000! We will have Pina Coladas and small bites, summertime music, beauty specials, a fashion and beauty trend workshop with demos, tanning with our new organic spray tan, live demo of fillers/Xeomin (a new natural Botox), meet the SkinCeuticals Rep and get a free skin analysis with their Skin Scope, shopping and more! P.S. A Selfie/Photo Booth too!
While all our guests are beautifying themselves, we will be selling raffle tickets for a basket of totally amazing prizes! All proceeds will go to Smile Train so we can give the gift of a beautiful new smile(s) to children with Cleft Palate This basket worth over $2,000 will include:
- A luxurious Day of Beauty and Pampering at our salon & spa, along with beauty products to use at home.
- A package of 4 IPL Laser Treatments (worth $1,000) from our Medical Director, Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Fredric Newman.
- Tanning Package with our new organic spray tan, Coco Tanning
- Clothing/Accessories from Helen Ainson
- Jewelry from Trendsetters Jewelry
- Accessories from SBG Designs
- 2 tickets to The Darien Arts Center musical “Baby”
- This package is worth over $2,000 and one lucky lady will be winning this over-the-top basket!
This fabulous event will take place on Wednesday, April 5, 2017 from 6 pm to 9 pm. Bring along some friends for a fun evening sipping Pina Coladas, eating yummy little bites, and mingling with the girls! Here is what we have planned for this special evening:
- SPRING BEAUTY TRENDS & MAKEUP DEMO: Our Co-Owner and award winning makeup artist, Dee, will be filling all the guests in on the biggest beauty trends of the spring/summer 2017 season. She will also be demonstrating the trending makeup techniques on a live model. Guests will also be able to browse the new makeup line made specifically for their salon/spa and be able to purchase new and exciting eye, lip and cheek colors that compliment their skin tone and hair color. Ask her all about the new eyelashes for lash extensions. They are made by the same company but are even better now!
- HAIR, GLORIOUS HAIR! What are the hottest hair color trends? What are easy ways to put my hair up myself and still look great running around town? What hairstyles are on trend for spring/summer 2017? Why do I need a good shampoo and conditioner? Find out the answers to these and more!
- RECEIVE 20% OFF ALL SPA/SALON TREATMENTS WHEN BOOKED THAT NIGHT!
- FASHION TRENDS BY HELEN AINSON: Erica Jensen, Owner of Helen Ainson will give attendees the scoop on trends in fashion for the upcoming season. Mannequins will showcase her fashion forward sportswear and stunning cocktail dresses and evening gowns.
- GET GLOWING WITH OUR NEW ORGANIC SPRAY TAN: Bring along dark, loose clothing and get a gorgeous tan with our brand new organic spray tan! Special price of $40 (regular $50), but bring along a friend who gets spray tanned and pay only $30 for your enviable tan!
- LIVE DEMO OF XEOMIN (the new natural, additive free Botox) AND FILLERS: Our Medical Director, Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Fredric Newman will demonstrate fillers and Xeomin on a live model. He will also talk about the brand new fillers out, Defyne and Refyne which last up to a year! Drop your business card in or write down your name and phone and Dr. Newman will pick 5 women who will win a free Xeomin (the new natural botox that has no additives) treatment! Book a Xeomin or filler treatment that night and get 20% off!
- FREE SKIN ANALYSIS WITH THE SKINCEUTICALS REP USING THEIR SKIN SCOPE: Get your skin analyzed with a skin pro. This complimentary service allows the skin care rep to see into your skin to look for sun damage, congested pores, dryness, and so much more. She will then be able to recommend the SkinCeutical products that are right for you. Special savings will be offered when guests buy multiple products from the line.
- SKINCEUTICALS SERUM BAR – Try fabulous serums at the SkinCeuticals Serum Bar where you can not only see how moisturizing and luxurious they are, but learn what each one does to transform the skin inside and out! SkinCeuticals is carried by renowned dermatologists, plastic surgeons and medical spas because their products are backed with real results!
- SHOP TILL YOU DROP: We have lined up three Trunk Shows for your shopping pleasure! Trendsetters Jewelry will have new spring necklaces, earrings, rings & bracelets. SBG Designs will showcase exercise tights, cell phone cases, and other accessories. And Helen Ainson will have handmade, one-of-a-kind belts, straw hats, spring tops, wraps, and gift items. Buy for yourself or think about upcoming birthdays, prom or Mothers Day!
- EVERYONE LOVES A GOOD SELFIE! Get a tan, try some new makeup, buy a new top, hat or jewelry and show it off at our Selfie/Photo Booth! Take one alone or get a group of girls together and post on social media!
Guests will leave with a goodie bag filled with discounts, little prizes, samples, and our Spring/Summer Beauty & Fashion Guide to keep as a reference to look your very best throughout the upcoming seasons!
Please R.S.V.P. by April 2nd – 203-656-5656 and let us know if you will be tanning that evening (bring dark, loose clothing for after your spray tan)
We have a treat for you next week! On Friday, March 3rd, we will be giving complimentary alpha beta peels from the Dr. Dennis
Gross skincare line. A representative and esthetician from their company will be here from 11 am till 2 pm to treat you to a peel which will leave your skin brighter and more radiant! This peel is loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C and is the perfect answer to perking up dull winter skin! With warmer weather getting closer and closer, it’s time to get that beautiful skin glowing and ready for spring!
Spaces are filling up quickly, so please call to book your complimentary appointment! Your skin will thank you! Hope to see you there!
We hope you had a wonderful holiday! Whether you celebrate Christmas or Hanukkah, there is nothing quite like this time of year! The exchange of gifts, the delicious food, and most of all spending time with those we love, are memories we make each and every year! It can be a bit of a let down after Christmas, but enter in one of the biggest celebrations of the year; New Years Eve! It is a night we all have our own favorite way of celebrating. Maybe it’s an intimate dinner party in your home, or perhaps an evening out with friends at a restaurant, or maybe you are one of those that love crowds with lots of action by celebrating at a big party? However you choose to ring in the new year is up to you but looking and feeling gorgeous is a definite must for this special night! We’ve got you covered from makeup, to hair, to skin, to even obtaining a perfect tanned glow!
Thanks to one of our favorite hair product lines, Kerastase, we have 4 festive hair style ideas for your New Years Eve celebration! From an understated, yet elegant rolled chignon to a half up holiday bow (yes, we said bow!), these 4 ideas will get your wheels turning on the total look you are going for! Need help? We are here to help you achieve your glamorous look!
Half Up Holiday Bow
Twist Side Ponytail
Stop in and talk to your hairdresser about which products are right for you! We carry a full line of luxurious Kerastase products for every hair type and need!
We are serious about skincare and that is why we carefully seek out top notch products for you, our clients! Ingredients matter when it comes to products for your skin, so we proudly carry Environ, SkinCeuticals and Sothys of Paris.
Let us familiarize you with Sothys luxurious skincare line……
Founded in 1946 by Dr. Hotz (a medical biologist), Sothys has set standards of professional skincare for over 70 years. Their product line is all encompassing and features marine and botanicals to transform skin by targeting specific concerns. Dry, dull skin and large pores disappear with a Sothys skincare regimen. Aging skin? They’ve got years of research and development behind their Parisian line! Intense serums in 4 grades are offered to fight signs of aging and feature Cosmeseutical H2CR (Cell Health Restoring Complex). They are formulated with plant messenger peptides and powerful antioxidants to improve cell communication and many of their products contain hyaluronic acid which plumps and retains hydration.
Get to know this fabulous skincare line and transform your skin this winter! Schedule an appointment with one of our highly trained, professional Estheticians who are some of the best in the industry! Our Sothys facial will leave you with brighter, plumper, more beautiful skin — and isn’t that what we all want?!
Dare we say it? Cold, dry weather, and shorter days are officially here! Like it or not, we have many months ahead to deal with keeping our hair from being dry, dull and lacking in shine! Fortunately there is Kerastase’s Elixir Ultime to the rescue!
We are highlighting this superb hair product because it provides fabulous shine! Read on to find out how Kerastase’s Elixir Ultime will have your hair shining this season! Next time you are in, pick up a bottle (or two) of this “magic potion” and prepare for the compliments!
Use Those Styling Tools With Peace of Mind: No worries about using styling tools like blow dryers and curling/flat irons with this fabulous Elixir! Elixir Ultime provides shine while fending off damage to hair so you can shine on!
Get Up Close: Kerastase Elixir Ultime lets you get close because it provides thermal resistance, which allows you to use a blow dryer closer when styling without the dulling effect you would normally get.
Dry Shampoo & Shine: Dry shampoos are notorious for drying out the hair, but this Elixir lets your hair shine, even without a wet shampoo! Spray your dry shampoo at the roots to absorb oils, then use Elixir Ultime from mid-way to the ends for glossy shine.
Get Extra Shine: Extra shiny hair can be achieved with this “magic potion” when you use ionic heat. Ionic heat neutralizes ions for mega shine! Many hair dryers today have ionic heat, so most likely yours may have this as well. With this Elixir’s thermal resistance benefits along with ionic heat, your hair will look beautifully vibrant and shiny!
- Apply Elixir Ultime Oil on hair before brushing and blow drying for protection and even distribution.
- Blow dry in the direction your hair grows so your hair cuticle is down to boost shine.
Smile, shine on and be beautiful inside and out every day! xoxo
You can buy all the makeup in the world, but there is nothing like beautiful skin that glows from within! The skin on your face is the canvas on which you apply your beauty products, so making sure that canvas looks it’s best is key!
We all can relate to the effects of poor sleep on our skin. Lack of sleep, not going into a deep sleep, or drinking alcohol, can leave you with dehydrated skin, dark circles and puffy eyes. Yikes! So what exactly does your skin do while you sleep? Read on….
First, it is not just the length of sleep, but whether or not you are going into a deep sleep. During a deep sleep your body is able to reduce the stress hormone, cortisol. Cortisol is a hormone we produce to deal with stress, or the fight or flight response to danger. Turning this hormone off at night is so important, as too much cortisol causes inflammation and is bad for your skin, and your health! It is during deep REM sleep (rapid eye movement) that your skin’s cells regenerate and turn over. Melatonin, another natural hormone produced in our bodies is higher at night, but as we age it diminishes. Taking a melatonin supplement 30 minutes prior to bed can help increase the length and depth of your restorative sleep (Note: always check with your doctor before taking any new supplement).
While you are getting your Zzzzzzz, your skin is fighting and destroying harmful free radicals and boosting collagen. Free radicals have been linked to aging skin, and we are bombarded by them each and every day. They are in the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the food we eat. Environmental toxins from air pollution or chemicals such as pesticides can wreak havoc on your skin. Maintaining a regular sleep schedule, and going into a deep and restful sleep will work wonders for your skin.
Your bedtime skin care routine is super important, as your skin works hard to repair itself at night. Using a good night cream that contains hyaluronic acid will hydrate skin and lock in moisture. Serums that contain vitamin C helps to stimulate collagen production. It also helps prevent oxidation, and therefore slows down the visible appearance of aging. Retinoids (or Retin A), a derivative of vitamin A, has been shown to even out skin and promote collagen production as well. Retinoids should be used at night and sunscreen should always be worn during the day, as retinoids can make skin more sensitive to the sun’s harmful rays.
Lastly, don’t forget to pay attention to the delicate skin under your eyes. The skin here is much thinner and more fragile, so signs of aging tend to show here first. Combat it with a high quality eye cream that you gently pat on before heading off for your beauty slumber! Our estheticians are pros, and can help you choose the right products for your skin. We are proud to carry three amazing skincare lines from Environ, SkinCeuticals and Sothy’s from Paris. All of these lines contain high quality ingredients, peptides, and vitamins, to help you achieve beautiful skin!
Love your skin by scheduling a professional facial and speaking to your esthetician about your at-home skincare routine. Your skin will thank you!
We are so proud to carry only the finest of skin care products in our spa which includes SkinCeuticals, Sothys from Paris and Environ. Environ has a new arrival, their Revival Masque, which they are branding as their “miracle facelift in a jar”! This wondrous little masque packs a powerful punch with intense alpha hydroxy acids like lactic acid, asiatic acid and mandelic acids. Here are what these three alpha hydroxy acids can do for your skin:
- Triggers growth factors which assists in boosting collagen formation.
- Skin that appears firmer and smoother
- Skin that is more hydrated
- Helps improve uneven skin tone
- Pre-cleanse, cleanse and tone with your preferred Environ products
- Apply masque in a thin layer for 10 minutes, 2 times a week. If skin is comfortable then progress to 20 minutes, 2 times a week. If skin is still comfortable, leave product on overnight for an intensive treatment.
- For best results, use in conjunction with Environ vitamin A creams.
Get ready for some compliments on your glowing skin!