We’ve got your beauty and fashion trends for the spring/summer 2017 season! We’ve combed through all our favorite magazines to compile “The Look”, your seasonal beauty and fashion cheat sheets! It’s all you need to know about looking even more fabulous! We’ve also included beauty services that are super hot in our salon right now (like the best organic spray tan ever, and even better lash extensions)! Need to book a service? Give us a call at 203-656-5656 and we would be happy to help!
Keep these handy as you head out for your warm weather shopping! Enjoy! xoxo
We are so anxious for spring to arrive (especially with the impending big snow storm looming over us)! as we love the longer days and sunny, warmer weather! We are so excited about beautiful warm weather being so close by that we thought it would be a lot of fun to have a Spring Fever Girls Beauty Night!
Join us and get ready for spring with special discounts, giveaways, and a raffle for a basket of goodies worth over $2,000! We will have Pina Coladas and small bites, summertime music, beauty specials, a fashion and beauty trend workshop with demos, tanning with our new organic spray tan, live demo of fillers/Xeomin (a new natural Botox), meet the SkinCeuticals Rep and get a free skin analysis with their Skin Scope, shopping and more! P.S. A Selfie/Photo Booth too!
While all our guests are beautifying themselves, we will be selling raffle tickets for a basket of totally amazing prizes! All proceeds will go to Smile Train so we can give the gift of a beautiful new smile(s) to children with Cleft Palate This basket worth over $2,000 will include:
- A luxurious Day of Beauty and Pampering at our salon & spa, along with beauty products to use at home.
- A package of 4 IPL Laser Treatments (worth $1,000) from our Medical Director, Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Fredric Newman.
- Tanning Package with our new organic spray tan, Coco Tanning
- Clothing/Accessories from Helen Ainson
- Jewelry from Trendsetters Jewelry
- Accessories from SBG Designs
- 2 tickets to The Darien Arts Center musical “Baby”
- This package is worth over $2,000 and one lucky lady will be winning this over-the-top basket!
This fabulous event will take place on Wednesday, April 5, 2017 from 6 pm to 9 pm. Bring along some friends for a fun evening sipping Pina Coladas, eating yummy little bites, and mingling with the girls! Here is what we have planned for this special evening:
- SPRING BEAUTY TRENDS & MAKEUP DEMO: Our Co-Owner and award winning makeup artist, Dee, will be filling all the guests in on the biggest beauty trends of the spring/summer 2017 season. She will also be demonstrating the trending makeup techniques on a live model. Guests will also be able to browse the new makeup line made specifically for their salon/spa and be able to purchase new and exciting eye, lip and cheek colors that compliment their skin tone and hair color. Ask her all about the new eyelashes for lash extensions. They are made by the same company but are even better now!
- HAIR, GLORIOUS HAIR! What are the hottest hair color trends? What are easy ways to put my hair up myself and still look great running around town? What hairstyles are on trend for spring/summer 2017? Why do I need a good shampoo and conditioner? Find out the answers to these and more!
- RECEIVE 20% OFF ALL SPA/SALON TREATMENTS WHEN BOOKED THAT NIGHT!
- FASHION TRENDS BY HELEN AINSON: Erica Jensen, Owner of Helen Ainson will give attendees the scoop on trends in fashion for the upcoming season. Mannequins will showcase her fashion forward sportswear and stunning cocktail dresses and evening gowns.
- GET GLOWING WITH OUR NEW ORGANIC SPRAY TAN: Bring along dark, loose clothing and get a gorgeous tan with our brand new organic spray tan! Special price of $40 (regular $50), but bring along a friend who gets spray tanned and pay only $30 for your enviable tan!
- LIVE DEMO OF XEOMIN (the new natural, additive free Botox) AND FILLERS: Our Medical Director, Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Fredric Newman will demonstrate fillers and Xeomin on a live model. He will also talk about the brand new fillers out, Defyne and Refyne which last up to a year! Drop your business card in or write down your name and phone and Dr. Newman will pick 5 women who will win a free Xeomin (the new natural botox that has no additives) treatment! Book a Xeomin or filler treatment that night and get 20% off!
- FREE SKIN ANALYSIS WITH THE SKINCEUTICALS REP USING THEIR SKIN SCOPE: Get your skin analyzed with a skin pro. This complimentary service allows the skin care rep to see into your skin to look for sun damage, congested pores, dryness, and so much more. She will then be able to recommend the SkinCeutical products that are right for you. Special savings will be offered when guests buy multiple products from the line.
- SKINCEUTICALS SERUM BAR – Try fabulous serums at the SkinCeuticals Serum Bar where you can not only see how moisturizing and luxurious they are, but learn what each one does to transform the skin inside and out! SkinCeuticals is carried by renowned dermatologists, plastic surgeons and medical spas because their products are backed with real results!
- SHOP TILL YOU DROP: We have lined up three Trunk Shows for your shopping pleasure! Trendsetters Jewelry will have new spring necklaces, earrings, rings & bracelets. SBG Designs will showcase exercise tights, cell phone cases, and other accessories. And Helen Ainson will have handmade, one-of-a-kind belts, straw hats, spring tops, wraps, and gift items. Buy for yourself or think about upcoming birthdays, prom or Mothers Day!
- EVERYONE LOVES A GOOD SELFIE! Get a tan, try some new makeup, buy a new top, hat or jewelry and show it off at our Selfie/Photo Booth! Take one alone or get a group of girls together and post on social media!
Guests will leave with a goodie bag filled with discounts, little prizes, samples, and our Spring/Summer Beauty & Fashion Guide to keep as a reference to look your very best throughout the upcoming seasons!
Please R.S.V.P. by April 2nd – 203-656-5656 and let us know if you will be tanning that evening (bring dark, loose clothing for after your spray tan)
We, of course, are totally hooked on everything to do with beauty – hair, nails, makeup, beautiful skin…. We are also in love with fashion and are constantly combing through Vogue, Bazaar, In Style and other magazines for ideas on taking our style to new levels!
You have the perfect haircut, color and your nails are looking impeccable, but now what? How do you pack a fashion and beauty punch and stand out as a style and beauty guru? It’s not that difficult to master! Taking these 10 fashion and beauty tips we love is a good start to upping the ante! Sometimes it’s just a little tweak here and there, like adding a bright colored accessory, penciling in your brows differently or layering on necklaces! Here are a few of our faves!
- ACCESSORIZE WITH BRIGHTS: Closet full of neutrals? Add some punch with bold colored shoes and handbags.
- THROW ON A SCARF: Long skinny scarves are very hot right now but any scarf is one of the best accessories around! Little scarves tied around the neck are a Parisian woman’s favorite right now!
- LAYER YOUR NECKLACES LIKE COCO CHANEL: Coco was definitely on to something! Make a statement with multiple strands of pearls for instance. Instant glamour that elevates a simple little black dress (the LBD)!
- MIX IT UP BY PAIRING FEMININE WITH EDGY: Pair a leather skirt with a feminine lace top for instance. Mixing classic clothes with edgier more trendy pieces looks fresh and new.
- FRAME YOUR PEEPERS: Gone are the overly arched brows that we have seen in recent years! Instead of going for an arch, pencil your brows in with the thickness in the front, in line with the corners of your eyes. Then pluck stray hairs under the arch and from below the tail so the brow extends outward instead of down, which can make your eyes look droopy. The shape to go for now is a fresh-faced, straight, boyish style.
- ELONGATE YOUR TORSO: Short torso? No problem! Sport a V-neck top which gives the illusion of a longer torso!
- HIGHLIGHT AND CONTOUR: Use illuminating highlighting powder or stick to accentuate under the brow bone, on your cheekbones or anywhere you want to “pop”. Conversely, add contour under cheekbones in the hollows to add definition. Remember light colors come forward and dark colors recede. Need a makeup lesson? We’ve got that! Call and book your appointment with Dee who will guide you through the ins and outs of everything makeup! Knowing how to do your makeup properly to enhance your own individual features is key to looking and feeling great in any setting!
- ADD A PAIR OF GREAT HOOPS TO YOUR JEWELRY COLLECTION: Hoops are a classic that every woman should own. Choose the right shape hoop for your face – for a thin face, go for larger round hoops. Round faces look best with an elongated hoop or drop style.
- WANT LONGER LOOKING LEGS? Try nude colored pumps with that LBD! Wearing pumps the same color as your skin gives the illusion of your legs looking longer!
- DON’T UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF A SILK PILLOWCASE: A silk pillowcase is gentler on your skin (helping to prevent “sleep crease”) and your hair!
Easter is this coming Sunday and with it comes pretty Easter outfits for church, yummy food and family, coloring eggs, pastel mani/pedi’s and glimpses of warmer spring weather on the horizon! Here is what we are loving for Easter:
- GORGEOUS SHELLAC COLORS FROM CND (oh, and did we mention zero drying time, lasts 14 days, high shine, no nail damage and that we have new yummy shades that are perfect for Easter!)
2. ARM CANDY: We would rather have some “arm candy” than a chocolate bunny! How about you? Here are some of our favorites in our jewelry section in the salon:
3. EASTER EGGS: Come on, what would Easter be without them? We are all kids at heart when it comes to decorating Easter eggs! Our friends at Helen Ainson did a blog post today all about Egg-ceptional Easter Egg Ideas! (click here if you would like to see more!)
4. MOST IMPORTANT: Our family and friends is what we love most! Making memories, laughing, reminiscing, playing games or just talking is what makes Easter and every day what life is really all about!
We are so excited to be launching our blog which will cover new spa and beauty treatments, the latest and greatest products, the newest hair, fashion and beauty trends, our events or promotions, and lots of other fabulous info for beauty from the inside out!
We would like to thank you, our wonderful clients, who are a pleasure to work with, and who make our jobs something we look forward to each day! With that said, we always appreciate feedback from you, and would encourage you to let us know what you would love to read about on our blog.
Look for our blog this week about our special Valentine’s Packages for your honey, or for the both of you!
With our sincere thanks and love,
Dee and Andrew xoxo