It’s always manicure season, and for many it’s always pedicure season, but when the warm weather hits and toes are exposed in those new sandals and heels, it’s time for all of us to get those feet callous free, with nails trimmed, shined, and polished!
ORANGE SALON & SPA
We are thrilled to welcome Maria as our new Nail Technician in our Orange, Connecticut Salon and Spa. Maria is proficient in UV Gels, Acrylics, Shellac, etc, as well as an expert in painting beautiful designs on your nails, a trend that is really taking off……. again! Call us at 203-298-4470 to schedule your mani/pedi, and if you get both, you will receive complimentary nail designs!
Our nail technicians in Darien are gearing up for weddings, graduations and more (our Orange, CT salon too!), and are very excited that the OPI Dip Manicure (powder with no UV light) has really taken off! Here’s a little advise: if you haven’t had your nails done in ages and want to grow out your own, with no damage to your own nails, then a Dip Manicure is definitely something to try. It lasts for weeks, another big bonus!
It’s pedicure season (finally warm weather after a long winter)! Whether you are dying to wear that new pair of sandals or heels, or you know you’ll be spending many days barefoot or in flip flops, we’ve got you covered with our Stefanou Signature Pedicure. You’ll leave relaxed, feeling pampered, and ready to show off that fabulous new nail color! It’s time to break out those new sandals (here’s a great pair from Helen Ainson (click here), or that pair of strappy heels and dance the night away at your nephew’s summer wedding (find a pretty pair of heels here)! Ready to let those feet out of your fuzzy warm socks? Give us a call to schedule your appointment at 203-656-5656.
Love & Beauty,
Your Team at Andrew Stefanou Salon & Spa
You are invited to a fabulous evening of fashion and beauty December 6th from 6 to 9 pm at Helen Ainson here in Darien. This is our 3rd year providing all hair and makeup for the models who will show off beautiful sportswear, formalwear, and accessories from Helen Ainson.
If you would like to attend, please R.S.V.P to 203-655-9841 and bring a new unwrapped toy to donate to Toys For Tots. If you cannot bring a toy, admission is $30 and a toy will be provided for you from the Toy Box, also located in Darien.
Hope to see you there!
We’ve got your beauty and fashion trends for the spring/summer 2017 season! We’ve combed through all our favorite magazines to compile “The Look”, your seasonal beauty and fashion cheat sheets! It’s all you need to know about looking even more fabulous! We’ve also included beauty services that are super hot in our salon right now (like the best organic spray tan ever, and even better lash extensions)! Need to book a service? Give us a call at 203-656-5656 and we would be happy to help!
Keep these handy as you head out for your warm weather shopping! Enjoy! xoxo
This past Wednesday evening we held our 1st Annual Girls Beauty, Fashion & Shopping night to benefit Smile Train, an organization that gives children with cleft palate a brand new smile. We would like to thank all who attended and congratulate the 5 winners who won free Xeomin treatments from our Medical Director, Dr. Fredric Newman (thank you Dr. Newman)! We also congratulate the big winner of our raffle basket worth over $3,000, Peggy Brown!
If you missed it, we had a beautiful spread of finger foods and refreshments, all with a tropical theme to get all in the mood for a new season of warm, sunny weather! In the center of all our delicious bites was a pineapple tree, complete with tiny lights and palm tree leaves! All the ladies shopped, mingled and enjoyed an evening with the girls!
A big thank you for donations and for the purchase of raffle tickets. All proceeds will go to Smile Train! Here are the highlights of the evening…..
We take great pride in researching each and every product that we use/sell in our salon and spa. Each product, whether for hair, skin or makeup, are products we stand behind. We only offer the very best to our clients, so you can be sure when deciding on whether or not to try a product, that we also use them ourselves!
That said, one of the brands we are completely obsessed with is SkinCeuticals. Open any magazine and you are sure to find either an Allure beauty award or a review of their products by top plastic surgeons, dermatologists or medical grade spas! SkinCeuticals is backed by years of research and development, and each product actually does what it says it will do! Serums that contain light sensitive antioxidants are packaged and sold in their dark glass bottles so that the light will not destroy the integrity of the product. Great to know when you are investing in superior skincare products!
One of our newest favorites is their H.A. Intensifier. This fabulous little miracle worker is a multi-functional serum that helps to amplify hyaluronic acid levels in your skin. This acid occurs naturally in your skin and helps to retain moisture. Unfortunately, as we age, we produce less and less. What happens when less of this acid is available? Your skin will be less firm and plump, and the texture will be rougher, and who wants that? Not us! Hyaluronic acid is such an important hydrator to the skin and SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier combines surface-hydrating hyaluronic acid with 10% proxylane (proxylane is a sugar-protein hybrid found in beech trees, responsible for defending against water loss), and the perfect concentration of licorice and purple rice extracts to support your skin’s hyaluronic acid levels. Add this to your arsenal of skincare products and show off hydrated, plumped and firmer looking skin!
Not sure what skincare is right for you? Our SkinCeuticals rep. will be offering a complimentary skin analysis using their powerful Skin Scope to tell you exactly where any dry, congested, sun damaged skin, etc. is on your face at our Girls Beauty Night this Wednesday, April 5th from 6 pm to 9 pm. Other highlights of the evening will include a beauty and fashion workshop with Dee, our Co-Owner and Erica Jensen, Owner of Helen Ainson. Get the scoop on all the beauty and fashion trends for spring/summer 2017! Shop our 3 trunk shows that evening featuring jewelry, clothing, accessories and lots more! Enjoy pina coladas, other refreshments and small bites!
Our raffle basket with products and services valued over $3,000 will be raffled off with proceeds going to Smile Train. Please R.S.V.P. 203-656-5656. Hope to see you there!
We are so anxious for spring to arrive (especially with the impending big snow storm looming over us)! as we love the longer days and sunny, warmer weather! We are so excited about beautiful warm weather being so close by that we thought it would be a lot of fun to have a Spring Fever Girls Beauty Night!
Join us and get ready for spring with special discounts, giveaways, and a raffle for a basket of goodies worth over $2,000! We will have Pina Coladas and small bites, summertime music, beauty specials, a fashion and beauty trend workshop with demos, tanning with our new organic spray tan, live demo of fillers/Xeomin (a new natural Botox), meet the SkinCeuticals Rep and get a free skin analysis with their Skin Scope, shopping and more! P.S. A Selfie/Photo Booth too!
While all our guests are beautifying themselves, we will be selling raffle tickets for a basket of totally amazing prizes! All proceeds will go to Smile Train so we can give the gift of a beautiful new smile(s) to children with Cleft Palate This basket worth over $2,000 will include:
- A luxurious Day of Beauty and Pampering at our salon & spa, along with beauty products to use at home.
- A package of 4 IPL Laser Treatments (worth $1,000) from our Medical Director, Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Fredric Newman.
- Tanning Package with our new organic spray tan, Coco Tanning
- Clothing/Accessories from Helen Ainson
- Jewelry from Trendsetters Jewelry
- Accessories from SBG Designs
- 2 tickets to The Darien Arts Center musical “Baby”
- This package is worth over $2,000 and one lucky lady will be winning this over-the-top basket!
This fabulous event will take place on Wednesday, April 5, 2017 from 6 pm to 9 pm. Bring along some friends for a fun evening sipping Pina Coladas, eating yummy little bites, and mingling with the girls! Here is what we have planned for this special evening:
- SPRING BEAUTY TRENDS & MAKEUP DEMO: Our Co-Owner and award winning makeup artist, Dee, will be filling all the guests in on the biggest beauty trends of the spring/summer 2017 season. She will also be demonstrating the trending makeup techniques on a live model. Guests will also be able to browse the new makeup line made specifically for their salon/spa and be able to purchase new and exciting eye, lip and cheek colors that compliment their skin tone and hair color. Ask her all about the new eyelashes for lash extensions. They are made by the same company but are even better now!
- HAIR, GLORIOUS HAIR! What are the hottest hair color trends? What are easy ways to put my hair up myself and still look great running around town? What hairstyles are on trend for spring/summer 2017? Why do I need a good shampoo and conditioner? Find out the answers to these and more!
- RECEIVE 20% OFF ALL SPA/SALON TREATMENTS WHEN BOOKED THAT NIGHT!
- FASHION TRENDS BY HELEN AINSON: Erica Jensen, Owner of Helen Ainson will give attendees the scoop on trends in fashion for the upcoming season. Mannequins will showcase her fashion forward sportswear and stunning cocktail dresses and evening gowns.
- GET GLOWING WITH OUR NEW ORGANIC SPRAY TAN: Bring along dark, loose clothing and get a gorgeous tan with our brand new organic spray tan! Special price of $40 (regular $50), but bring along a friend who gets spray tanned and pay only $30 for your enviable tan!
- LIVE DEMO OF XEOMIN (the new natural, additive free Botox) AND FILLERS: Our Medical Director, Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Fredric Newman will demonstrate fillers and Xeomin on a live model. He will also talk about the brand new fillers out, Defyne and Refyne which last up to a year! Drop your business card in or write down your name and phone and Dr. Newman will pick 5 women who will win a free Xeomin (the new natural botox that has no additives) treatment! Book a Xeomin or filler treatment that night and get 20% off!
- FREE SKIN ANALYSIS WITH THE SKINCEUTICALS REP USING THEIR SKIN SCOPE: Get your skin analyzed with a skin pro. This complimentary service allows the skin care rep to see into your skin to look for sun damage, congested pores, dryness, and so much more. She will then be able to recommend the SkinCeutical products that are right for you. Special savings will be offered when guests buy multiple products from the line.
- SKINCEUTICALS SERUM BAR – Try fabulous serums at the SkinCeuticals Serum Bar where you can not only see how moisturizing and luxurious they are, but learn what each one does to transform the skin inside and out! SkinCeuticals is carried by renowned dermatologists, plastic surgeons and medical spas because their products are backed with real results!
- SHOP TILL YOU DROP: We have lined up three Trunk Shows for your shopping pleasure! Trendsetters Jewelry will have new spring necklaces, earrings, rings & bracelets. SBG Designs will showcase exercise tights, cell phone cases, and other accessories. And Helen Ainson will have handmade, one-of-a-kind belts, straw hats, spring tops, wraps, and gift items. Buy for yourself or think about upcoming birthdays, prom or Mothers Day!
- EVERYONE LOVES A GOOD SELFIE! Get a tan, try some new makeup, buy a new top, hat or jewelry and show it off at our Selfie/Photo Booth! Take one alone or get a group of girls together and post on social media!
Guests will leave with a goodie bag filled with discounts, little prizes, samples, and our Spring/Summer Beauty & Fashion Guide to keep as a reference to look your very best throughout the upcoming seasons!
Please R.S.V.P. by April 2nd – 203-656-5656 and let us know if you will be tanning that evening (bring dark, loose clothing for after your spray tan)
This past Wednesday evening we were privileged once again to participate in Helen Ainson’s 2nd Annual Toys For Tots Fashion Show, and what a success it was! It gave us the perfect opportunity to test drive our brand new makeup line on the beautiful ladies modeling that evening! Our new line is filled with gorgeous, sumptuous shades of color, in luxurious creams and powders for every day, or sparkles and glimmer for those special occasions!
Models were treated to blowouts and makeup to enhance their individual features and tastes as they strutted down the “runway” that evening. Our own Paula and Natalya were stunning models in figure hugging dresses and glittering jewels, and we also provided two lucky ladies with head to toe makeovers. The evening featured delicious passed hors d’oeuvres from Festivities Catering and Event Planning, and goodie bags filled with special treats.
The best part of the evening was seeing the generous spirit of those who attended. Two huge boxes of toys, as well as monetary donations were given, which we know will put a smile on some beautiful children’s faces this holiday season! Thank you to all who attended and made this a huge success again this year!
Weren’t able to attend this year? Look for it next year and enjoy an evening of fashion, food and fun, all with the effort to give back during the holidays!
We are getting ready for the holidays, and will again be participating in Helen Ainson’s 2nd Annual Toys For Tots Fashion Show. This fun event will take place next Wednesday evening from 6 to 9 pm and features a fashion show full of beautiful clothing and accessories, 2 head-to-toe makeovers from our talent here at the salon, entertaining ideas from Festivities Catering, and tips on staying fit through the holidays from The Bar Method Darien. Most important is that all those who wish to attend must bring a new, unwrapped toy which will be donated to Toys For Tots. Helen Ainson will also offer attendees the option of donating $30 and The Darien Toy Box will provide the toy(s). We are all about putting smiles on children’s faces with the gift of a new toy!
The evening will be filled with fashion, food and fun, and include appetizers provided by Festivities Catering. Goodie bags will also be given out, and include coupons, samples and more! Helen Ainson will have their Holiday Gift Table filled with great gifts and stocking stuffers ready for checking off all those on the “nice” list this holiday season!
We will be providing makeup for many of the models in the fashion show as well as doing makeovers on 2 lovely ladies. Guests will be able to see a blown up photo of both women “before” and then we will reveal the “after” that evening at the event!
Want to attend? Simply give Helen Ainson a call 203-655-9841 and let them know you will be attending. Bring a friend and a new, unwrapped toy and get in the holiday spirit! Hope to see you there!