It’s always manicure season, and for many it’s always pedicure season, but when the warm weather hits and toes are exposed in those new sandals and heels, it’s time for all of us to get those feet callous free, with nails trimmed, shined, and polished!
ORANGE SALON & SPA
We are thrilled to welcome Maria as our new Nail Technician in our Orange, Connecticut Salon and Spa. Maria is proficient in UV Gels, Acrylics, Shellac, etc, as well as an expert in painting beautiful designs on your nails, a trend that is really taking off……. again! Call us at 203-298-4470 to schedule your mani/pedi, and if you get both, you will receive complimentary nail designs!
Our nail technicians in Darien are gearing up for weddings, graduations and more (our Orange, CT salon too!), and are very excited that the OPI Dip Manicure (powder with no UV light) has really taken off! Here’s a little advise: if you haven’t had your nails done in ages and want to grow out your own, with no damage to your own nails, then a Dip Manicure is definitely something to try. It lasts for weeks, another big bonus!
It’s pedicure season (finally warm weather after a long winter)! Whether you are dying to wear that new pair of sandals or heels, or you know you’ll be spending many days barefoot or in flip flops, we’ve got you covered with our Stefanou Signature Pedicure. You’ll leave relaxed, feeling pampered, and ready to show off that fabulous new nail color! It’s time to break out those new sandals (here’s a great pair from Helen Ainson (click here), or that pair of strappy heels and dance the night away at your nephew’s summer wedding (find a pretty pair of heels here)! Ready to let those feet out of your fuzzy warm socks? Give us a call to schedule your appointment at 203-656-5656.
Love & Beauty,
Your Team at Andrew Stefanou Salon & Spa
We’ve got your beauty and fashion trends for the spring/summer 2017 season! We’ve combed through all our favorite magazines to compile “The Look”, your seasonal beauty and fashion cheat sheets! It’s all you need to know about looking even more fabulous! We’ve also included beauty services that are super hot in our salon right now (like the best organic spray tan ever, and even better lash extensions)! Need to book a service? Give us a call at 203-656-5656 and we would be happy to help!
Keep these handy as you head out for your warm weather shopping! Enjoy! xoxo
We take great pride in researching each and every product that we use/sell in our salon and spa. Each product, whether for hair, skin or makeup, are products we stand behind. We only offer the very best to our clients, so you can be sure when deciding on whether or not to try a product, that we also use them ourselves!
That said, one of the brands we are completely obsessed with is SkinCeuticals. Open any magazine and you are sure to find either an Allure beauty award or a review of their products by top plastic surgeons, dermatologists or medical grade spas! SkinCeuticals is backed by years of research and development, and each product actually does what it says it will do! Serums that contain light sensitive antioxidants are packaged and sold in their dark glass bottles so that the light will not destroy the integrity of the product. Great to know when you are investing in superior skincare products!
One of our newest favorites is their H.A. Intensifier. This fabulous little miracle worker is a multi-functional serum that helps to amplify hyaluronic acid levels in your skin. This acid occurs naturally in your skin and helps to retain moisture. Unfortunately, as we age, we produce less and less. What happens when less of this acid is available? Your skin will be less firm and plump, and the texture will be rougher, and who wants that? Not us! Hyaluronic acid is such an important hydrator to the skin and SkinCeuticals H.A. Intensifier combines surface-hydrating hyaluronic acid with 10% proxylane (proxylane is a sugar-protein hybrid found in beech trees, responsible for defending against water loss), and the perfect concentration of licorice and purple rice extracts to support your skin’s hyaluronic acid levels. Add this to your arsenal of skincare products and show off hydrated, plumped and firmer looking skin!
Not sure what skincare is right for you? Our SkinCeuticals rep. will be offering a complimentary skin analysis using their powerful Skin Scope to tell you exactly where any dry, congested, sun damaged skin, etc. is on your face at our Girls Beauty Night this Wednesday, April 5th from 6 pm to 9 pm. Other highlights of the evening will include a beauty and fashion workshop with Dee, our Co-Owner and Erica Jensen, Owner of Helen Ainson. Get the scoop on all the beauty and fashion trends for spring/summer 2017! Shop our 3 trunk shows that evening featuring jewelry, clothing, accessories and lots more! Enjoy pina coladas, other refreshments and small bites!
Our raffle basket with products and services valued over $3,000 will be raffled off with proceeds going to Smile Train. Please R.S.V.P. 203-656-5656. Hope to see you there!
We are so anxious for spring to arrive (especially with the impending big snow storm looming over us)! as we love the longer days and sunny, warmer weather! We are so excited about beautiful warm weather being so close by that we thought it would be a lot of fun to have a Spring Fever Girls Beauty Night!
Join us and get ready for spring with special discounts, giveaways, and a raffle for a basket of goodies worth over $2,000! We will have Pina Coladas and small bites, summertime music, beauty specials, a fashion and beauty trend workshop with demos, tanning with our new organic spray tan, live demo of fillers/Xeomin (a new natural Botox), meet the SkinCeuticals Rep and get a free skin analysis with their Skin Scope, shopping and more! P.S. A Selfie/Photo Booth too!
While all our guests are beautifying themselves, we will be selling raffle tickets for a basket of totally amazing prizes! All proceeds will go to Smile Train so we can give the gift of a beautiful new smile(s) to children with Cleft Palate This basket worth over $2,000 will include:
- A luxurious Day of Beauty and Pampering at our salon & spa, along with beauty products to use at home.
- A package of 4 IPL Laser Treatments (worth $1,000) from our Medical Director, Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Fredric Newman.
- Tanning Package with our new organic spray tan, Coco Tanning
- Clothing/Accessories from Helen Ainson
- Jewelry from Trendsetters Jewelry
- Accessories from SBG Designs
- 2 tickets to The Darien Arts Center musical “Baby”
- This package is worth over $2,000 and one lucky lady will be winning this over-the-top basket!
This fabulous event will take place on Wednesday, April 5, 2017 from 6 pm to 9 pm. Bring along some friends for a fun evening sipping Pina Coladas, eating yummy little bites, and mingling with the girls! Here is what we have planned for this special evening:
- SPRING BEAUTY TRENDS & MAKEUP DEMO: Our Co-Owner and award winning makeup artist, Dee, will be filling all the guests in on the biggest beauty trends of the spring/summer 2017 season. She will also be demonstrating the trending makeup techniques on a live model. Guests will also be able to browse the new makeup line made specifically for their salon/spa and be able to purchase new and exciting eye, lip and cheek colors that compliment their skin tone and hair color. Ask her all about the new eyelashes for lash extensions. They are made by the same company but are even better now!
- HAIR, GLORIOUS HAIR! What are the hottest hair color trends? What are easy ways to put my hair up myself and still look great running around town? What hairstyles are on trend for spring/summer 2017? Why do I need a good shampoo and conditioner? Find out the answers to these and more!
- RECEIVE 20% OFF ALL SPA/SALON TREATMENTS WHEN BOOKED THAT NIGHT!
- FASHION TRENDS BY HELEN AINSON: Erica Jensen, Owner of Helen Ainson will give attendees the scoop on trends in fashion for the upcoming season. Mannequins will showcase her fashion forward sportswear and stunning cocktail dresses and evening gowns.
- GET GLOWING WITH OUR NEW ORGANIC SPRAY TAN: Bring along dark, loose clothing and get a gorgeous tan with our brand new organic spray tan! Special price of $40 (regular $50), but bring along a friend who gets spray tanned and pay only $30 for your enviable tan!
- LIVE DEMO OF XEOMIN (the new natural, additive free Botox) AND FILLERS: Our Medical Director, Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Fredric Newman will demonstrate fillers and Xeomin on a live model. He will also talk about the brand new fillers out, Defyne and Refyne which last up to a year! Drop your business card in or write down your name and phone and Dr. Newman will pick 5 women who will win a free Xeomin (the new natural botox that has no additives) treatment! Book a Xeomin or filler treatment that night and get 20% off!
- FREE SKIN ANALYSIS WITH THE SKINCEUTICALS REP USING THEIR SKIN SCOPE: Get your skin analyzed with a skin pro. This complimentary service allows the skin care rep to see into your skin to look for sun damage, congested pores, dryness, and so much more. She will then be able to recommend the SkinCeutical products that are right for you. Special savings will be offered when guests buy multiple products from the line.
- SKINCEUTICALS SERUM BAR – Try fabulous serums at the SkinCeuticals Serum Bar where you can not only see how moisturizing and luxurious they are, but learn what each one does to transform the skin inside and out! SkinCeuticals is carried by renowned dermatologists, plastic surgeons and medical spas because their products are backed with real results!
- SHOP TILL YOU DROP: We have lined up three Trunk Shows for your shopping pleasure! Trendsetters Jewelry will have new spring necklaces, earrings, rings & bracelets. SBG Designs will showcase exercise tights, cell phone cases, and other accessories. And Helen Ainson will have handmade, one-of-a-kind belts, straw hats, spring tops, wraps, and gift items. Buy for yourself or think about upcoming birthdays, prom or Mothers Day!
- EVERYONE LOVES A GOOD SELFIE! Get a tan, try some new makeup, buy a new top, hat or jewelry and show it off at our Selfie/Photo Booth! Take one alone or get a group of girls together and post on social media!
Guests will leave with a goodie bag filled with discounts, little prizes, samples, and our Spring/Summer Beauty & Fashion Guide to keep as a reference to look your very best throughout the upcoming seasons!
Please R.S.V.P. by April 2nd – 203-656-5656 and let us know if you will be tanning that evening (bring dark, loose clothing for after your spray tan)
We loved watching the Oscars this past Sunday night and had our eyes peeled on all the amazing gowns, jewels, makeup and hair on all our favorite celebs! Charlize Theron stunned in a red gown with subtle makeup, hair parted on the side and slicked back with a beautiful long necklace which accentuated her gown with a deep plunging neckline. Best Actress winner, Brie Larson (winner for her role in “The Room) walked the Red Carpet in a showstopping sapphire blue gown by Gucci, which had a generously adorned jeweled belt, and a gentle cascade of ruffles that went down to the bottom of the gown’s train. There were other standout gowns (too many to name!) and lots of white gowns (maybe to show off that California tan/Spray tan?). We noticed lots of bold red lips, hair off the face which was either pulled back in buns or worn half up and half down. Other trends we saw were gowns off the shoulder and statement earrings.
That aside, we saw one dewy skinned beauty after another with perfect hair and makeup and not a panty line in sight! So how do these famous celebrities get so glam? We did some sleuthing and are sharing with you some beauty secrets from the Red Carpet!
DEWY SKIN: For a dewy glow first apply primer then mix a skin illuminator with some foundation and apply. This will give a glow, as it reflects light to give skin a fresh faced look. We have also heard of beauty pros using a couple drops of argan oil mixed with foundation for luminous skin.
TRY A BRONZER: Look for a natural looking bronzer in a pinkish-brown shade and avoid anything orange looking or anything with metallic, as it can make your pores appear larger and emphasize wrinkles.
GIVE YOUR HAIR A BOOST: Give hair a boost by putting on hairspray from underneath which will give roots a lift.
LIMIT SUGAR AND CARBS AND GET A FITBIT: Many of Hollywood’s trainers have their clients limit sugar and carbs for weeks before the big night. They also recommend a Fitbit which keeps track of the amount of steps walked in a day. As the Awards approach, they up the amount of steps their clients should walk to burn extra calories.
WIG TAPE? Yes, you heard correctly! Wig Tape is used to keep parts of their gowns in place (i.e. plunging necklines!). You can find this at your local beauty supply store or on Amazon.
USE A FIGURE SHAPER: Shapers, like Spanx (which offer lots of options for every figure) make body-hugging gowns and dresses look better by flattening your tummy and taking pounds off visually, creating a waist and a tighter butt!
NO MORE PANTY LINES: Dresses that are clingy and show off your figure are sexy but panty lines are not! Combat this dilemma by cutting the legs off of a pair of nylons and you will have a thin pair of undetectable boy shorts!
NIX THE STATIC/FLY-AWAY HAIR: Lightly touch hair with an unscented dryer sheet to keep static at bay. Save the sheet for your next dryer load (celebs also like eco friendly so using this for two purposes is something you can feel good about).
SUPER CURL: We aren’t talking about the hair on your head here. We are referring to your lovely lashes! For extra curl, heat your eyelash curler with your blow dryer. Curl while still warm (NEVER hot!…ouch!) and apply mascara!
PERFECT WINGED LINER: Get that “Cat-Eye” look with Scotch Tape! For perfect winged liner apply the tape from the corner of your eye toward the temple. Line your eye, following upwards with the tape as your guide. Remove tape and voila! Perfect lines! Can you say “meow”!? Please…. as a side note DO NOT use duct tape or other harsh tape which can rip at delicate skin. Scotch also makes a tape called “Expressions” which is almost like a “Post-it-Note” tape which is less sticky and even gentler than the regular Scotch Tape). See what works for you.
WANT ALL NIGHT LIP COLOR? Mixing a bit of red cherry Jello powder with some vaseline and rubbing on your bare lips will give instant color. Even after your lipstick (if you put some on over it) has worn off, the red color from the Jello will still have your pucker looking great! Who said Jello was just for kids?
PLUMP UP THE VOLUME: Want a plumper pout? Try Cinnamon Oil which will puff up lips. IMPORTANT NOTE: Some people are allergic to Cinnamon Oil so it is extremely important to test a small area before applying to your lips!
SMILE: It makes everyone more beautiful and costs nothing!
There were so many different looks on the runways for Spring 2016! Designers like Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors and Tory Burch’s models glowed with that California girl feel. Other designers presented models with bright candy apple colored lips (Jason Wu), a bit of concealer and nothing else! Of course, there was the usual over-the-top hair and makeup for major drama; but not something you will see walking through your local mall! The trends we loved from the shows were ones we could see sporting ourselves! Here are the 6 beauty trends for Spring 2016 that we are loving!
VIBRANT LIPS: Bold colored lips in pink, orange and candy apple red.
THE BLUES: Shades of blues in eye shadow’s and liners from pale blue to navy were everywhere, some done very subtle and others more dramatic. The looks we liked were smoky and blended to perfection. Seen too was a bit of sparkle, perfect for a night out on the town!
BRONZE BEAUTY: At Balmain’s fashion show, models were bronzed with makeup for a fresh, bronzed glow. Want something that lasts a bit longer and doesn’t cause sun damage? Try out our Organic Spray Tan (more to come on that in our next blog!).
EASY FUSS FREE HAIR: Loose beach waves, low easy buns, single braids, ponytails and rope twists (simple to do… divide hair in two sections and twist each section clockwise while twisting both. Secure with a tie) were seen on the beauties strutting down the runway
LONG DRAMATIC LASHES AND FULL EYEBROWS: Beautiful long, dramatic lashes were seen in so many of the shows and as you know we love, love, love long lashes! Be sure to curl your lashes and wiggle your mascara wand as you apply to the lashes to get good coverage. Want fuss free lashes? Try our amazing Eyelash Extensions which will transform your peepers in a flash!
Eyebrows were bold and full (none of the over plucking of the 1980’s!). Fuller eyebrows present a more youthful appearance (a big plus!).
Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day! xoxo