Yesterday we were part of an event hosted by KVO Collections which featured women owned businesses for an afternoon of food, fun, shopping and beauty.
Our very own Dee spent the afternoon transforming ladies at the event from plain (yet beautiful!) to wow with her simple steps for easy daytime makeup (and then her steps to go into evening!).
Here are Dee’s steps for a gorgeous daytime look:
- Apply concealer to tone down redness and hide any imperfections. Remember to blend, blend blend!
- Apply foundation in a light downward direction (in the direction of the tiny little hairs each of us has on our face) with a dry makeup sponge. Using a sponge allows for more natural looking coverage, allows for better blending and a softer look in general.
- Now go back over some areas with concealer, such as the inner eye area and under the eye.
- Take a neutral shadow highlighter and blend under the brow bone.
- Define brows with a pencil or powder. Fill in sparse areas and define the arch of the brow to really frame the face and make your eyes pop!
- Use a dark shadow (Dee used a dark gray here) in the crease. This is especially important for deep set eyes to pull the eye forward. Blend the darker shadow a bit above the crease for deep set eyes.
- Next, use a liner inside the waterline on lower lid. Dee used a dark blue/gray liner to bring out Caroline’s beautiful teal blue/gray eyes.
- Define the lip line to prevent lipstick from bleeding with a lip liner in a color close to the lipstick you will use.
- Fill in lips with lipstick. Here, Dee used a matte fuchsia colored lipstick on Caroline. Dark colors are big for fall 2016 — ranging from reds to burgundy to deep fuchsia!
- Dee finishes off the look with a bit of bronzer for an all over glow, and then a sweep of blush in hibiscus to give some beautiful color to her cheeks.
- No need for mascara, as Caroline has eyelash extensions so she can skip that step! (No extensions? curl lashes and apply mascara, allowing to dry between coats).
There is your perfect daytime look, done with a light hand, and taking little time! Now you can head off to the office or out for a day running errands with the kids! Want to transform this daytime look to night time? Here are Dee’s tips for going from day to evening in a snap!
- Don’t take off your daytime makeup! That’s correct, you heard right! Makeup over makeup actually looks better, as it blends with your natural oils. And not only does it blend better but it also gives you that dewy look we are all after!
- To refresh existing makeup, gently blot a toner (on a cotton ball) on your face. Dee uses Rosewater Mineral Toner by Skincare Essential (available in the salon) to refresh the base.
- Re-apply dark shadow in crease.
- Add a liquid or pencil liner from the inner corner of the eye to the outer corner. Keep the line thin at the inner corner and gradually allow it to get thicker towards the outer corner. This will give you that sexy cat eye look.
- Re-apply liner inside waterline on lower lid.
- Add more mascara or individual false lashes (if you don’t have eyelash extensions) for extra drama.
- Next, take a shimmer stick (which are really hot right now) and sweep on top of cheekbones for that JLo look! We have three available – one in champagne shimmer, icy mauve shimmer or bronze shimmer.
- Evening is the perfect time to “play” with your makeup. Add a shimmery shadow for some sparkle. Teal, blue, champagne, green, purple shimmer shadows add the “wow factor” to your look!
- Eyes aren’t the only place to add some sparkle! Lips in matte plum or purple look beautiful when a shimmer gloss is added to the middle of the upper and lower lip!
Want a makeup lesson with our makeup pro, Dee? Schedule a one hour session and get ready for the compliments! Let Dee teach you one-on-one! 1 hour makeup lesson – $110.